• Don't have one and want one

0 0%
  • Don't have one and won't get one

2 28.57%
  • Other

0 0%

Thread: Bosch T4B Portable Miter Saw stand comments

Bosch T4B Portable Miter Saw stand comments

Do you have one, if so what do you and don't you like about it?

My father's miter saw just spent the last few weeks working in my basement. I knew I wanted one, but haven't found the motivation (personal, space, and finance) to get one. Now I really want one. Need one. Wow can the saw make lumber (and scrap) fast. Mark, place, cut. Done!

I will be getting the Bosch GCM12SD. I was looking at them when they were $1000 (right up until the Festool Kapex came out, if you noticed. Coincidence?) The GCM12SD has no tubes, 12" blade, but heavy as heck. But I'm still getting one. Given the weight and my small shop size, it will need wheels. I'm leaning towards the matching Bosch T4B stand. I'm looking for user feedback on the stand, good and bad. If you bought one would you buy another?

I have that stand. Even with out a saw mounted on it it will not fit through a 30" door if you have to move it. Other than that I like it. I would buy it again.
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

I have one with a Delta 12" miter saw mounted on it. Saw on stand moves easily, sets up quickly, stores in a fraction of the space, and the stand is at a very convenient height.

My saw sits a little farther back than would be ideal, so sometimes with thin stock, longer pieces will not rest securely on the outer supports.

It does all I want, and I am very satisfied. About the only thing that would be a nice addition would be a way to mount a tape or scale on it to avoid having to use a tape measure for every cut.

I own the t4b. Love it. Better than my msuv, thats been regilated to an omnijig. The t4b did not work well with my hitachi 12" c12lsh saw as that saw has weird mounting spots but its perfect for the dewalt 10" scms.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

I have the Hitachi C12LSH mounted on my Bosch t4b and it is fine, not sure what Mike did not like.
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

I got the T4b when I got my Bosch CM10GD and I think it's a great combination. Solves my space problem very nicely and is very easy to set up and break down. I just wish I could afford the FastCap Best Fence Pro for it.

https://www.fastcap.com/estore/pc/vi...dproduct=44566
    Earl

Quote Originally Posted by Earl Rumans View Post
    I got the T4b when I got my Bosch CM10GD and I think it's a great combination. Solves my space problem very nicely and is very easy to set up and break down. I just wish I could afford the FastCap Best Fence Pro for it.

https://www.fastcap.com/estore/pc/vi...dproduct=44566
    I found it while doing research on the bosch saw and stand. I hear you, $449 is a bit steep. I will definitely be waiting to see how much I need it, if any.

Quote Originally Posted by George Bokros View Post
    I have that stand. Even with out a saw mounted on it it will not fit through a 30" door if you have to move it. Other than that I like it. I would buy it again.
    The specs show it as being 27 1/2" wide. Is the saw wider than the stand?

Hmmm. I wonder how wide the outside basement door is....

I've had my T4B since 2007 when I bought my Bosch 4410L SCMS. I have used it it to trim out my house, both interior and exterior. It is quick to set up and take down, and the generous extension arms make handling long boards quite easy, although I had to use an auxiliary roller for the longest boards. I found it to be very stable but it is on the heavy side. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one although I haven't used any others to compare it to.

My stand measures 27.5" from the outside of the tires (widest place on the stand) and as long as my saw is set to 45 degrees when folded, it does not project wider than the stand.
    Last edited by Dick Mahany; 09-02-2017 at 11:27 AM. Reason: Added info
    Dick Mahany.

I've owned a T4B in the past. The ability to quickly set it up and take it down made it ideal for my small shop. I could set it up and be cutting within a minute or 2 and then quickly stash it against a wall out of the way.

It's a beast with a saw mounted and takes 2 people to lift it onto a pickup for job site applications. And as mentioned above, it has a wide wheel base and won't fit through narrow interior doorways without rotating and dragging it....PITA.

The slide out extensions are somewhat flimsy but adequate. The stops I found to be useless as they moved around a bit, enough to change the measurement.

I now have a larger shop with a dedicated miter saw station along one wall. I sold the T4B to a general contractor buddy that uses it on site. It's sturdy and can handle large dimensional lumber.
    Scott Vroom

I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.

I have the T4B stand with the GCM12 mounted and find it very handy. The saw and stand stow easily, the saw can be dismounted in seconds, although the saw is heavy enough that a second person is helpful to move it. On the stand one person can set up and rig out easily by himself. The wheels are large enough that they roll easily in most conditions. I have not tried to move it through doors, mine is in the garage so I cannot comment on the door issue. when set up the stand and saw are very stable, there are 2 adjusting feet to level out on uneven surfaces. All in all I would purchase the saw and stand again.

The poll is now closed. Thank you to all whom participated. The saw and stand are now happily married in my basement.