Thread: Can the Laguna Driftmaster Tall fence be used on Minimax or Felder bandsaws?

Can the Laguna Driftmaster Tall fence be used on Minimax or Felder bandsaws?

I'm not talking about putting an entire driftmaster fence on a Felder or Minimax, just the Tall 8" aluminum extrusion metal fence. I have one left over from my Laguna bandsaw, and I'll sell it with the bandsaw unless I can easily use it on a replacement saw.

It's a nice tall fence, but I don't know if the spacing on these aluminum extrusions is standard and could easily slip on as a replacement for a Felder or Minimax fence.
    Last edited by Alan Lightstone; 09-03-2017 at 9:25 AM.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

Alan, I do not know the Laguna, but this is my Hammer N4400 fence extrusion. Shown is the resaw fence I made. It slides onto the extrusion ...

Is the Felder the same as the Hammer?

Regards from Perth

Derek

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Cohen View Post
    Alan, I do not know the Laguna, but this is my Hammer N4400 fence extrusion. Shown is the resaw fence I made. It slides onto the extrusion ...

Is the Felder the same as the Hammer?

Regards from Perth

Derek
    Nice! Ill have to make one of those for my N4400! Thank for posting that.

What insert in the middle of the table are you using? The one that came with mine is black and plastic, but yours looks like its made of aluminum.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

You can drill holes through the existing Minimax fence and attach it using nuts in the extrusion.

Anyone try attaching a Driftmaster tall fence it on a Felder bandsaw?
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Rivel View Post
    .... What insert in the middle of the table are you using? The one that came with mine is black and plastic, but yours looks like its made of aluminum.
    It is aluminium (aluminum ). This was a custom made piece. The black plastic inserts warp.

Regards from Perth

Derek

Half a driftmaster on a Centauro. Fabricated the "slide" that allows using it vertical or horizontal. You could likely do almost as well with an 80/20 section or plywood.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "the mechanic that would perfect his work must first sharpen his tools.” Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lightstone View Post
    Anyone try attaching a Driftmaster tall fence it on a Felder bandsaw?
    I keep looking here to see if you will get your answer Alan

Good luck to you. If you find the answer is NO, I would be interested in your fence for my Laguna SUV14 , if the next owner isn't interested.

Sam
    "... for when we become in heart completely poor, we at once are the treasurers & disbursers of enormous riches."
    WQJudge