Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ft. Bragg CA

Ft. Bragg CA

We are parked in the Casper Beach RV Park just South of Ft. Bragg. I put the bench together last night and played a little. The bench works great. We leave Ft. Bragg Saturday for parts of Oregon, not sure where because of fires.

A photo:

IMG_0661.jpg

Looks great Ken, bet you will have some interesting conversations with the other folks in the park.

Good luck with the fires. The whole west seems to be burning. Looks like the zombie apocalypse here-can barely see across the street today...
    "You can observe a lot just by watching."
    --Yogi Berra

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Charles View Post
    Looks great Ken, bet you will have some interesting conversations with the other folks in the park.

Good luck with the fires. The whole west seems to be burning. Looks like the zombie apocalypse here-can barely see across the street today...
    I was up in the Eastern Sierra (near Mammoth) over the weekend and everybody ended up with red eyes and a cough. The was also an "apocalyptic" level of smoke on Hwy 108 (from the Summit Complex of lightning-started fires) on the road back down.

Nice! That bench looks to be serving multiple purpose to boot.

Blog Entries
    Awesome!!!!!
    Bumbling forward into the unknown.

Bench looks GREAT !!!!!
    Jerry

Blog Entries
    Looks like fun, my wife and I were considering moving to Fort Bragg. A little too remote for our medical insurance needs.

Especially if you are into late night mortise chopping.

In southwest Washington the sun light and sky has been kind of salmon colored from the smoke, but at ground level it is okay.

Now that Labor Day is past the campgrounds should be starting to empty out. There is a contingent of folks with post school age family that comes out for the last hurrahs of summer.

How far north are planning on traveling?

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

8. Looks great. What will the dovetailed board be of?

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Charles View Post

Chris,

Coming up they closed I-5 just North of LA shorty after we passed through, it's good to be lucky.

One fellow said his Dad was an instructor at The College of the Redwoods.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Barry View Post
    Nice! That bench looks to be serving multiple purpose to boot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Holcombe View Post
    Awesome!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Olexa View Post
    Bench looks GREAT !!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    Looks like fun, my wife and I were considering moving to Fort Bragg. A little too remote for our medical insurance needs.

Especially if you are into late night mortise chopping.

In southwest Washington the sun light and sky has been kind of salmon colored from the smoke, but at ground level it is okay.

Now that Labor Day is past the campgrounds should be starting to empty out. There is a contingent of folks with post school age family that comes out for the last hurrahs of summer.

How far north are planning on traveling?

jtk
    Quote Originally Posted by bridger berdel View Post
    Looks great. What will the dovetailed board be of?
    Thanks guys.

Jim, Portland will be it this year....I'm putting MsBubba on a plane to U.K. On the 17th.

Bridger, I suspect firewood.

IMG_0662.jpg

Ken, I would advise you go far north towards Washington or maybe the northern coast, here in Eugene / Springfield area the smoke is horrible. Myself and most of my coworkers have nausea (we assume) because of it.

Nice looking bench BTW

Nice set up, Ken.

Blog Entries
    I'm with Michael, stay along the coast until you need to turn east into the smoke.

Hwy U.S. 30 from Astoria, OR will get you to Portland and PDX. From there I am not sure what the best clear route back to AZ would be.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Sure looks like a winner!

Nice Bench. good luck with the fires there.

the Columbia Gorge is closed, and here in Portland I woke up to 1/8" of ash on the car.

barely made it to the pub this afternoon.