Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quick disconnect for 120mm port and 5" flex duct

http://us.feldershop.com/en-US/en-US...connector.html

This is the one I use, it's 120mm outside on one end, 120mm inside on the other.

They also have a straight connector however I find that the right angle one keeps the hose out of the way on my machine.

They also go on and off the machine easily...........Rod.

I use the straight one from Felder/Hammer for my Hammer A3 31.

http://us.feldershop.com/en-US/en-US...connector.html

Slips onto the 120mm port and the 5" hose clamps to the adapter.
    The problem with the world is that intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.
    Charles Bukowski

Thank Ben, Rod and Cliff for these additional alternatives. We'll see how the Fernco works, then maybe I'll move upscale to the Felder if needed. I'm doing Nordfab ducting, so what's another $100 for two couplings...
    Mark McFarlane

Mark, the straight adapter I linked to is less than $16.

Cliff

Quote Originally Posted by mark mcfarlane View Post
    Thank Ben, Rod and Cliff for these additional alternatives. We'll see how the Fernco works, then maybe I'll move upscale to the Felder if needed. I'm doing Nordfab ducting, so what's another $100 for two couplings...

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff Polubinsky View Post

Cliff
    Thanks Cliff for the update. FYI, the price I looked at was Rod's 90 degree, which was $57.
    Mark McFarlane

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff Polubinsky View Post

Cliff
    Cliff, this looks it might be a better solution than the Fernco, in terms of easy on/off. Do you remember what Felder's shipping times were? 1 week? 1 month?
    Mark McFarlane

Cliff, this looks it might be a better solution than the Fernco, in terms of easy on/off. Do you remember what Felder's shipping times were? 1 week? 1 month?
    Unfortunately, no. My salesman messed up and originally sent the wrong part and it took a while to straighten things out. Hopefully you'll get someone a bit more on the ball.

Cliff

Oneida also sells a 120mm-5" metal adapter. I use one on my slider, but that's never "disconnected".
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Thanks Jim and Cliff. I just noticed on Felder's web site that the straight adaptor is out-of-stock for 4-8 weeks so I'm back to the Fernco. Jim, I've spent a lot of time with Oneida on this design and they strangely didn't offer an adaptor, only solutions that required clamps on both ends, which won't be convenient. Maybe it would work as a quick disconnect, but they don't know.
    Mark McFarlane

Thanks Jim and Cliff. I just noticed on Felder's web site that the straight adaptor is out-of-stock for 4-8 weeks so I'm back to the Fernco. Jim, I've spent a lot of time with Oneida on this design and they strangely didn't offer an adaptor, only solutions that required clamps on both ends, which won't be convenient. Maybe it would work as a quick disconnect, but they don't know.
    https://www.oneida-air.com/inventory..._no=SCOLLECT54

"Un-crimped on the 120mm end to slip over dust collection ports on machinery"
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

For the record, the Fernco 4" CI/Plastic adaptors (P1056-44) worked excently to mate 5" flex hose to the 120mm ports on my Minimax CU300. I can now easily switch between the J/P and Saw/Shaper.
    Some of the other proposed solutions will probably be more elegant, but this Fernco connection is very servicable, no noticeable air leaks, couldbe picked up at the local HW store, and was cheap ($9 / fitting).
    Mark McFarlane

For the record, the Fernco 4" CI/Plastic adaptors (P1056-44) worked excently to mate 5" flex hose to the 120mm ports on my Minimax CU300. I can now easily switch between the J/P and Saw/Shaper.
    Confirm that Fernco part P1056-44 fits Felder/Hammer 120mm dust port. Referencing the orange box's website, it is named "4 in. x 4 in. PVC DWV Mechanical Flexible Coupling" and costs $7.85. It's a tight fit. 5-inch flex hose fits over the other end.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakahisa Shinta View Post
    Confirm that Fernco part P1056-44 fits Felder/Hammer 120mm dust port. Referencing the orange box's website, it is named "4 in. x 4 in. PVC DWV Mechanical Flexible Coupling" and costs $7.85. It's a tight fit. 5-inch flex hose fits over the other end.
    Good to know! Thank you!
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

For 4" hose i find tall pineapple juice cans fit nicely inside. take you tape measure to the canned goods isle and see what they have.
    Bill D.