Thread: Picked up G0766 lathe today!

Picked up G0766 lathe today!

I just picked up my new Grizzly 0766 at UPS Freight today. Ordered July 6th, so waited almost two months. I'm excited to get it to get it to my basement shop and see how she goes, but will have to wait a couple of days while I finish up a few items on my honey do list.
    I will post a picture when all set in my shop.
    Duane
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Congrats Duane! My G0766 has been great......if you are not yet a member of the GGMG, then look up the group, and join in the conversation. There is a lot of info on helpful mods to the banjo hole and spindle boss.
    Last edited by Roger Chandler; 09-06-2017 at 8:07 AM.
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

I remember that feeling have a fun time with the new tool i have had mine for 2 years now and have had no problems

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Chandler View Post
    Congrats Duane! My G0766 has been great......if you are not yet a member of the GGMG, then look up the group, and join in the conversation. There is a lot of info on helpful mods to the banjo hole and spindle boss.
    GGMG is a volunteer organization for moms, run by moms, and we are always looking for members who would like to help ??????????????????
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

I just received notification today that mine is arriving at my home on Friday! I'm anxious to give it a spin.

Blog Entries
    I know that feeling, Duane.:

Bill Jobe, good idea strapping it in. I just set it in my 8 foot box (F150). The box had a poly liner that is a little slippery. The first time that I pressed on the brakes, all 600 pounds of it slid forward and hit the front of the box. It was like I was rear-ended. It actually bent the front of the box but the poly liner hide that damage. After-the-fact, I blocked it in and proceeded to my house without further incident.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lehnert View Post
    GGMG is a volunteer organization for moms, run by moms, and we are always looking for members who would like to help ??????????????????
    Naah............Grizzly Green Monster Group ..... It's a play off the old Mustard Monster designation from the Powermatic owners........there are about 234 members last time I looked, that discuss all things related to Grizzly lathes.

Save the crate materials, and make a great under lathe storage cabinet. I did and it's wonderful to have everything needed under the lathe. Loving mine for 2+ years now.
    Maker of Fine Kindling, and small metal chips on the floor.
    Embellishments to the Stars - or wannabees.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lehnert View Post
    Just for fun I used the Gigantic Google Megasearch Compnet to see how easy it is for the out crowd to learn about this mystery GGMC.

Sorry GGMC fans, the Monster Group didn't even make Google's top ten pages of search results for GGMC.
    A google search for GGMC Grizzly didn't even find it.

I did find:

Gallery Garage Management Corporation (GGMC), a parking organization started in business since 1957
    Golden Gate Men's Chorus (GGMC), a gay men's singing group in San Francisco
    Golden Gate Meat Company (GGMC), not related to the men's chorus
    Golden Girl Mining Company (GGMC), definitely not related to the men's chorus
    Greater Gwinnett Motorcycle Club (GGMC), a family oriented motorcycle club
    Galloping Goose Motorcycle Club (GGMC), one-percenter motorcycle club whose rules of behavior sometimes include violent crimes.
    GoodGamingMC and Generation Game Minecraft (GGMC), Minecraft gaming server(s)
    Greensboro Gem and Mineral Club (GGMC)
    Guyana Geology and Mines Commission (GGMC), lots of google hits on this one
    Global Gateway Media & Comm (GGMC) for stock quotes
    God's Generals Miracle Centre (GGMC)
    Gulf Glass Manufacturing Company (GGMC)
    Giving Grizzlies Mentorship Club (GGMC) for social and emotional learning
    A Spark-Ignited Generator Set, model GGMC
    Gourab Guin Memorial College (GGMC) in West Bengal
    Granite-Gneiss-Migmatite Complex (GGMC), of interest to geologists
    GGMC Consulting Limited, in London
    Anti Mucin M-GGMC-1, a mouse anitclonal antibody, don't leave home without it
    General Grand Masonic Congress (GGMC), have to be a Mason to know what they do
    Gretna Green Management Corp. (GGMC)
    Garden Grove Medical Center (GGMC) for all your health care needs
    and everyone's favorite, the Golden Gate Mothers Group (GGMG) , a volunteer organization for moms, run by moms, always looking for members

Finally, my persistence pays off, a snake would have bit me: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/group.php?groupid=29

OK, break's over.

JKJ

11. Well..........one would think that on a woodturning forum, on a thread about a particular lathe [G0766] a member took possession of, congratulations being given, and the fact the GGMG has been mentioned in numerous threads over the last few months and years, especially when another turner gets the same Grizzly model, that frequenters of this particular corner of SMC might have had a clue it was about Grizzly lathes..........at least
    ............. Just sayin'!

Me thinks JKJ may have too much time on his hands!
    Last edited by Roger Chandler; 09-07-2017 at 7:30 PM.

Really like your segment bowl you posted on the Grizzly group. How did you keep the glue contained?

The 0766 is in the basement and put together. Packaged well, in excellent shape. Heavy, very heavy. I used a two wheel cart for the bed, should have used it for the head as well.
    Now Im thinking, what should be the first item turned?

Blog Entries
    Yes, for anyone buying the 0766, be very careful moving it from truck to lathe bed. It is very top-heavy.
    Also, Duane, check the power cord over very well. Don't know about yours but mine had the leg ends banded tightly together. When I cut the band the top leg shifted a bit and I discovered that the power cord had been routed through the 2 and when the top one shifted it came close to severing the cord.

Quote Originally Posted by Duane Nelson View Post
    The 0766 is in the basement and put together. Packaged well, in excellent shape. Heavy, very heavy. I used a two wheel cart for the bed, should have used it for the head as well.
    Now Im thinking, what should be the first item turned?

Great looking Lathe.
    Look forward to seeing projects turning on it.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale