Thread: Fiber Laser Material Settings

Fiber Laser Material Settings

Today I started to play a bit with my new toy, a 30W fiber laser. Thanks to John Lifer I already got some very nice material settings to start with, thanks John.

But it's always good to have more settings and I found this list with settings from Epilog: https://www.epiloglaser.com/assets/d...l-settings.pdf

Can some expert please take a look at it and tell us if they make sense? I will try them of course, but it never hurts to have several opinions.
    RayFine RF-9060 80W CO2 laser
    RayFine 30W JPT-LP Fiber Laser
    Pressurized Sandblasting Cabinet
    Sublimation stuff.

Unless you have an Epilog you won't find the % values translatable to your machine. As far as I know, the RayFine machines use EZCad - you have speed in mm(or in)/sec, frequency in hz (kHz?), and power in %. I doubt Epilog will give you the info to determine how to translate their values to your software so, unfortunately, those settings are pretty useless.

http://www.permanentmarking.com/wp-c...ual-REV214.pdf
    ^^ this is a PDF from Tykma, explains fiber marking and lists their settings suggestions for different materials. You'll have to make a few adjustments of course, all part of the fun
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Goetheer View Post
    T...But it's always good to have more settings and I found this list with settings from Epilog: https://www.epiloglaser.com/assets/downloads/fibermark-material-settings.pdf....

You cannot use Gantry style settings on a Galvo style laser. I have both and it's night & day. Not even in the same ball park.... It's so different you might as well try CO2 settings. Yes, the Gantry and Galvo style of fiber lasers are that different from one another.
    Tim
    There are Big Brain people & Small Brain people. I'm one of the Big Brains - with a lot of empty space.- me
    50W Fiber - Raycus/MaxPhotonics - It's a metal eating beast!
    Epilog Fusion M2 50/30 Co2/Fiber - 2015
    Epilog Mini 24 – 35watt - 2006 (Original Tube)
    Ricoh SG3110DN
    - Liberty Laser LLC

OK, thanks for clearing it up. Kev, John gave me that document also, didn't have time to read it yet, but I will surely read it first thing.
    RayFine RF-9060 80W CO2 laser
    RayFine 30W JPT-LP Fiber Laser
    Pressurized Sandblasting Cabinet
    Sublimation stuff.

Blog Entries
    For anyone reading later, the Tykma file is the best for really visualizing the laser and has good starting points for 20/30watt lasers. I've found some others, but nothing compares.
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

Quote Originally Posted by John Lifer View Post
    For anyone reading later, the Tykma file is the best for really visualizing the laser and has good starting points for 20/30watt lasers. I've found some others, but nothing compares.
    Agree, but don't try those settings with a 50watt. Well you can, but expect those blow the metal away. I've been testing a few of those settings at 50% of suggested power. Getting closer.
    Tim
    There are Big Brain people & Small Brain people. I'm one of the Big Brains - with a lot of empty space.- me
    50W Fiber - Raycus/MaxPhotonics - It's a metal eating beast!
    Epilog Fusion M2 50/30 Co2/Fiber - 2015
    Epilog Mini 24 – 35watt - 2006 (Original Tube)
    Ricoh SG3110DN
    - Liberty Laser LLC