Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you have plumbing in your shop?

Do you have plumbing in your shop?

I'd love to have a sink in the shop I'm planning, wondering if it will be worth the cost. Would be a couple hundred feet of pipe to tie into the main inlet and outlet. No plans for a toilet.

If you have a standalone shop was it worth it?

I had never planned to have anything but a cold water sink and a french drain but my wife kept poking at me to at least install a 1/2 bath. She won and so did I!!! Toilet, deep laundry sink w/ POP water heater. I'm sure glad I listened to her for once

Blog Entries
    Love having a sink. Wish I would have done it sooner.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Not yet, but will be installing a sink soon. My shop is in my garage and there is hot and cold that can be tapped off the water heater and a large 3" sewage line that can be tapped into near the water heater as well.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

I almost did, but challenges happened. Had I been able to add that on to our home addition project (and thought about it in time) I would have it.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I don't and wish I did. Inspector said that when if we just put in a sink we would have to replace our septi. System with an aerobic one. Around 5 grand we didn't want to spend in that way
    Steve Jenkins, McKinney, TX. 469 742-9694
    Always use the word "impossible" with extreme caution

I have in slab HW radiant heat supplied by standard HW tank and added a utility sink and toilet. couldn't imagine not having the convenience.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Rivel View Post
    Not yet, but will be installing a sink soon. My shop is in my garage and there is hot and cold that can be tapped off the water heater and a large 3" sewage line that can be tapped into near the water heater as well.
    I am in Modesto and I just plumbed the clothes washer drain outside. I can't believe in Sacramento you pay to have your gray water hauled off site. it has been three years since I watered the orange trees outside the shop.
    Bill

Blog Entries
    We lived in our shop while we built our house, so we have a full kitchen and bath-room.
    Army Veteran 1968 - 1970
    I Support the Second Amendment of the US Constitution

Sink, toilet, full size shower.

Mud type sink on one side and 1/2 bath(toilet& lavatory) on the other. Couldn't imagine going into the house or garage every time I needed to go to bathroom or wash something out or clean something or mix something ............etc.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Rivel View Post
    That's pretty much what I have. Basement shop so don't need a toilet but having a good sized laundry tub with hot & cold water can be handy. I just use a pump sold for clothes washers. That and a check valve work fine for my purposes.

Full bathroom plus urinal, and mud sink in main shop. It gets used multiple times daily. I highly recommend.

I have a sink in my presentout building shop. Wish I had room for a full bathroom with shower.

Charley

I think I'm going to have a sink roughed in for sure. Radiant heat sounds awesome but I'd probably only use it 4-5 days a year.