Thread: Shared space

Shared space

Hello woodworking friends
    I live in Elburn IL Chicagoland and I love woodworking however there are a lot of tools I don't have like a joiner planner band saw etc
    If anyone knows of a shared space place that rents spaces and tools please advise
    Thanks douglas

Douglas, how far are you willing to travel for your shop time? The Chicago Park District has woodshops in several locations in the city. Equipment and space varies by location, and I expect that hours do as well. That's a ways to go from Elburn, but if you are interested, I can put you in touch with a guy that runs one of the shops. He could give you more information. There used to be a place in Palatine that rented shop time, but I'm pretty sure it closed years ago. The only other options I am aware of are woodworking schools where you can take a class, but not just open use of the shop. If you do a search on Craigslist, you occasionally see ads by individuals looking for someone to share their shop space and costs. You could try posting a Craigslist ad and see if anyone nearby is looking to share. Good luck with your search.

Jon
    Yes please advise the Park District contact here.
    Thanks douglas
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 09-12-2017 at 4:00 PM.

Douglas,
    I just sent you an email with contact information and some more suggestions.
    Jon