Thread: Calling all Grizzly G1035 (1 1/2 hp shaper) owners

Calling all Grizzly G1035 (1 1/2 hp shaper) owners

If anyone has this shaper in the early vintage (mine is a '91 I think), I could really use the manual if it has the motor wiring diagrams. The diagrams of the current machine aren't the same the old ones, and/or the previous owner wired it completely wrong. There is a diagram beneath the wiring cover which I assume is single phase, but I'm not sure.

Of course I find this out a couple hours after Griz tech support closes for the weekend!

Matt did you get this sorted out?
    As I recall the motor voltage conversion on mine (circa 2002) was done in the motor fwd /reverse switch not under the motor cover I can look tomorrow when I go to work am not sure where manual is but its there somewhere will look for you.

John - I'd appreciate it if you'd check - thanks! All the manuals I've seen so far have the switchbwiring the same, with changes at the motor.

Bobby - that's the same wiring diagram as the US version as far as I can tell.

I've talked to Grizzly CS a couple of times and they agreed that the older manuals aren't worth the paper they're printed (pdf'ed?) on. The ones from the early 90's only show a 220V diagram. So I figure, why fight wiring it at 220 when I can easily use it at 220, so forget trying to make it 110. Last night I wired it the way it was wired when I got it which was how it says to do so in the early 90's manual for 220. Good news is it works in forward and reverse, but the bad news is when the switch is off, there's a loud buzzing from the motor. Any ideas? I'll plan to call Griz today but thought I'd update the group.

Figured it out finally. Embarrassingly enough, i triple checked the wiring and had a wire off by one spot at the switch. Works just fine now, on 220.