Thread: Festool Trion jigsaw complaints?

Festool Trion jigsaw complaints?

I was just reading the better than expected tools thread, and saw several digs against the Festool jigsaw. Just curious about details. I own one and it has been fine, but I don't use it a whole lot.

I have had a couple Trions and like them but they are not perfect. Never tried the Carvex but you can find many critical comments on this forum about it. Many recommend the Trion over the Carvex. The Trion has lots of power, cuts a great vertical path in thick materials. It does not have a light, is hard to see the cut line if the guard/shroud is installed, has carbide guides that need frequent adjustment. If you need true vertical cuts in thick materials it is awesome for the money. A great companion jigsaw to the Trion is something like the Makita battery jigsaw. Excellent portable saw and is my second saw.
    The Mafell is most people's king of the jigsaws but at a price.

I've been very pleased with my Trion. In fact, it actually was the very first Festool product that came into my shop. (of course, it was followed by a lot more of them. LOL) I can't say I use it "a lot", but it does get used when it's the right tool for the job and hasn't failed me yet.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Got a Trion D handle and am planning to sell it soon myself. Cant see anything when cutting with the dust guard on it and the dust collection even when setup isnt good at all. To be honest I liked my old Bosch JS470E better. Planning to try the Bosch JS572 next. Not really interested in the Carvex as Ive read plenty of peoples posts who were disappointed by that saw. If that doesnt please me I may have to save up and try the Mafell P1CC. Really dont want to have to spend that much, so we'll see.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

Why don't you directly ask the people who had complaints? PMs work well for that.

6. I've had mine for 4-5 years and it has seen a lot of use. No real complaints although the speed control has been acting up lately.
    They are very good jigsaws but I wouldn't likely buy another, a good Bosch will do everything I need.

I have the Trion, and the Carvex.

I should have brought them both back during the trial period.

Irritating to use, except for the simplest, shortest cuts.
    I have very few tools I would like to throw at the wall, but these are definitely the ones I think about it most with.

Bosch makes better jigsaws in my opinion.

I have a trios. I agree that I get dead straight true vertical cuts...I've even tried to deflect it with horrible technique and I still get vertical cuts. However I can't see a darn thing with the guard on. Nothing. In order to see even marginally I have to bend down almost to the workpiece and look sideways. It's a shame bbecause cut quality is great and I find the dust collection pretty good too.