Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Music in shop

I used to use a Logitech squeezebox but they discontinued it so support has been getting bad on what services you can use with it now. I just installed one of those Amazon echos in the shop with an old receiver powering a pair of speakers. I use it to stream from my pandora and SiriusXM accounts. It's nice not having a remote or anything to worry about. I just yell over to it what I want on and away I go.

Sheesh, I feel like a cave man. I bought a FM stereo with DVD player at a yard sale and keep it out in the barn where I do my work. I play classical (Bach, Mozart, etc) or classic country (Williams Sr., Husky, Springfield, Owens, etc.) One local radio station limits ads and I can tolerate it for a few hours.

Old stereo receiver, old iPhone loaded with music primarily from my CD collection. The wifi signal from the house is not quite adequate for streaming in the workshop, but I'll eventually get around to fixing that.
    Chuck Taylor

Im still in the Squeezeboxes with an LMS server is still by far the best music system. I have almost all the models they made and have them all over the house. With the right plugins in the server you can still use it with all the major streaming services. No need for Logitech's support as the community has long since taken it over and doing a wonderful job. And best of all they are way cheaper since you can find them used all day long on eBay in perfect condition and with more hardware options than the Sonos stuff.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

Boombox in the shop, another in the garage, and hi-fi stereo in the house. All tuned to the same local FM station. Yup, old school.