Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do big business phones get nuisance phone sales calls?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Oh, I agree, Curt. But the randomization being used by the robo callers in increasing volume is thwarting things because the numbers end up being real numbers owned by real people or businesses, but not owned who is doing the actual calling. The service essentially can't do anything about them because they are "one time" use and randomly generated. You know where I live...we are getting more and more robo calls showing as 215-794-xxxx, which is our local exchange. On my wireless phone, they are coming in as 267-750-xxxx which is my phone's "local exchange", as it were. NoMoRobo has greatly reduced our robo call volume for sure...there are a whole bunch of "one ringers" that back that up. Hopefully, the industry will come up with a way to deal with the random spoofing which such a service just can't fix by blocking "a" number.
    I get a fair number of local area code spam calls but my cell phone has a Philadelphia local exchange. Anyone who calls me and is not in my contact list had better be willing to leave a message if they need to contact me. It almost seems like a caller falsely displaying a real phone number in caller ID is committing forgery or presenting false identification. Some aspects of the law need to update beyond the early or mid 20th century.

The "local" exchange calls are largely to our land-line...which is needed for our alarm system, but also it's the one that my elderly parents insist on calling. While they are still with us, I can't really change it.

As to the law, this activity is already "not kosher". Unfortunately, technology has hampered enforcement because random, spoofed caller ID numbers combined with the robo-dialer being anywhere on the planet (and thus, outside of our jurisdiction) is a tough thing to combat.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Harms View Post
    ...It almost seems like a caller falsely displaying a real phone number in caller ID is committing forgery or presenting false identification. Some aspects of the law need to update beyond the early or mid 20th century.
    https://www.engadget.com/2017/06/22/...r-120-million/

and this:

https://www.cnet.com/au/news/robocal...c-do-not-call/

JKJ