Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hand Reamer Vendors?

Quote Originally Posted by David Eisenhauer View Post
    ... a tool shaped like a screwdriver-type handle with a countersink gizmo attached to the end of the handle....
    Search for "hand countersink" (not reamer.) Lots of choices show up at Amazon & in a Google search. General has one that might even show up in your local hardware or big box store.

(PS- Lee Valley also has tapered reamers, for e.g. chair legs, in Standard and "PRO". Straight reamers are used for precise holes in metal work too, e.g. Metal Reamers.)

Quote Originally Posted by bridger berdel View Post
    Not what you were asking for, but...... I get pretty good results with a countersink bit in an eggbeater drill.
    Same here.

Used to be able to buy Tapered Drill Bits, that matched the shanks of wood screws. Might look into those?

Blog Entries
    If a chair reamer will do....LV>chair tools>small tapered reamer, standard tapered reamer, pro tapered reamer. Elia Bizzari>tools & supplies>Reamers. Tim Manney Chairmaker>Reamers.

Thanks to all for the all of the info and links provided. Unfortunately, it is now like a Chinese menu in my hands - way, way too many choices. The LV or LN one looked like what I wanted, but then the Rockler one with three different sized tips all for $9.99 was revealed, no - just make your own with a countersink/home made handle marriage, Brian said the LN one sucked and LV has this round one with a hole that works, someone else turned me on to one that is a greater diameter than 3/4" (that is something I have wanted more than once in the past and a candidate for the "make your own"), then egg beaters jumped in to the mix so I went to the drawer my two-never-remember-to-use eggbeaters live and they will work just fine. Then Steven says "tapered drills" or something will do the trick - I've never seen a tapered drill and now I have to see/hold one just because, and the Brits and Aussies haven't even woken up and jumped into this discussion either. No more. Thank you all, but no more - my head is going to explode and all because I screwed up the original search. Where is Lowell? he will tell me what to do.
    David

As a newbie to this hobby....THIS IS HOW I FEEL WITH EVERY TOOL I DECIDE I NEED!

Fwiw, reading this thread, I like the LV one. Mayhap I'll order one.

Some of the ones from my shop...
    IMG_1870 (640x480).jpg
    Each a little different. I have a couple countersink bits for my 6" sweep brace.