Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Salerno Sideboard

Wow. That's beautiful. I like everything about it. Great job!!

Thanks for all of your kind words everyone!!! It sure was a fun one to build and it looks great in its new home.

I found out on Friday that it was accepted to the MaineWood 2018 exhibition at the Center for Furniture Craftsmanship in Rockport, ME. This is a biennial show that has some impressive jurors that determine the selections. It will run from mid January to mid April. I'm honored to be included in that group and look forward to the opening reception.

Thanks!
    NWB
    "there is no such thing as a mistake in woodworking, only opportunities to re-assess the design"

Lovely piece. Where the bent laminations cross what type of joint did you use, half lap?
    The floating look adds a lot of interest to the eye.

The tapered, bent laminations are fantastic. I can't even see the seams. It just looks like the legs were purposely grown for the curve. I love elegance like this that hides the effort involved.

I also like the front panels.

What a wonderful design and execution. Bold curves, yet stately and elegant.
    Last edited by Prashun Patel; 09-18-2017 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by William Fretwell View Post
    Lovely piece. Where the bent laminations cross what type of joint did you use, half lap?
    The floating look adds a lot of interest to the eye.
    Thanks William. Yes its a half lap.
    "there is no such thing as a mistake in woodworking, only opportunities to re-assess the design"

Simply stunning......design........craftsmanship.......wo od..... Simply stunning!

I have been playing with a similar design for new nightstands for our bedroom.

Well done Nick!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Everything about your sideboard is beautiful. The wood, design, craftsmanship. Looking at the side view of the drawers opened is mesmerizing to the eye. Stunning. Thanks for sharing and congratulations on the entry in the exhibit.

I couldn't think of anything bad to say about your work, it's a beautiful design. AWESOME!!!