Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Lessons learned from taking a direct hit by a Cat 5 Hurricane- ground zero, USVI

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dufour View Post
    Sorry to hear about Cost-u-Less. I like that store, right next to Orchard Supply Hardware which will close by year end. we live about 50 miles from the only one on the mainland USA. We stop on our way to the mountains every month or so.
    Bill D
    I miss what I called the "random aisle of crap" which had anything from a 5HP air compressor to pool floaties to just anything they got a good deal on. You just never knew what would show up on the random aisle of crap. They also had good prices on groceries.

I'm glad you and the island are recovering Malcolm.
    Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Blog Entries
    May it only get better, glad to hear an uplifting report from the island.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Schweizer View Post
    I miss what I called the "random aisle of crap"
    I wish everyone, myself included, had access to a random isle of crap. As long as it is cheap. Matching up folks who have a need, with leftover crap that will be useful to them, is not an insignificant thing.

But really why I wanted to respond was to applaud your survival. I wish you didn't have to endure that, But you did, and you did it well.

We are getting better at moving supplies to distressed areas but a positive attitude and basic survival skills will always be smart skills to develop.

I was always struck by your positive attitude after the initial shock of the frightening disaster.