Thread: Another HF D.C. With SDD

Another HF D.C. With SDD

IMG_0075.jpg
    What is different? I removed the stock 5 inch Harbor Freight (HF) blower intake and made a MFD cover over the fan and opened the intake up to 6 inches and used a 6 inch HVAC take off with the foam gasket on the flange, the 6 inch Take off fit perfectly into the Supper Dust Deputy (SDD) I then built 3, 17 inch tall l legs for the stock HF bag housing to stand on this holds both the clear dust bag and the the Wynn 35A nano filter.
    To connect the the exhaust outlet from the blower to the HF bag housing I found that a black ABS plastic drain as in rain gutter Drain hose found at Lowes fits perfectly around the out side of the exhaust port and the out side of the bag holder tube with no leaks.
    for the dust bucket I used half of a 35 gallon plastic drum. To seal the drum to the bottom of the SDD I cut a 21 inch circle out of 3/4 MDF with my router, then cut a 1/2 inch wide 19 inch circle 3/8 of an inch deep. I then placed door seal foam in the 1/2 inch grove. The dust bucket seals up against this foam for an air tight seal. To check for leaks with the blower running I used two incense sticks and watched the smoke.
    Emptying the Bucket? I built a lift mechanism that drops the bucket down 11/2 inches the bucket then slides out for removal.
    What did I do different from many others? The blower is direct connected to the SDD no hoses or bends= Better performance, and the Wynn filter traps the fine dust. And has better air flow for exhaust.
    I will also use 5 inch HVAC pipe to run to my tools a Table saw, a 8 inch jointer and a 13 inch planner.
    i do not have a pitot tube to measure the velocity of air flow nor an anometter, however just feeling the air flow using my hand the air flow is much better than the original HF layout. With everything in place I have not measured the current draw with my Ampobe, I will do that if anyone want to know what it is. I will say I am using the stock fan and not a Rikon 12 inch fan. And I am also in West Texas at an altitude of 1900 feet mean sea level.

I call all this my Franken Sucker. I have enjoyed building this however if I did not already have the HFDC I would just buy a 2 stage D.C. True 3 HP System already built.

Let me me know if any one has any questions.
    PS I tried to rotate the photo in post and could not find a way to do it. I even rotated the original photo from my album and up loaded that photo. Both came out the same way
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Lane Hardy; 09-16-2017 at 3:32 AM. Reason: Added video

Looks nice Lane! I just purchased the HFDC and am looking to get a Wynn filter also.