Thread: Fair Sales Price for these two tools

Fair Sales Price for these two tools

I need to sell a few of tools. First is a Delta 22-580 bench planer. I think I bought it for $500. Secondly, I have a Porter Cable 895 router kit. The last is a Delta AP400 dust collector. Both are in great shape have have spent more time for the past 10 years collecting dust than making or sucking dust. Any thoughts on how much I should sell them for?
    A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish.

$150ish on the Planer
    $175 on the Router
    $150 on the Dust collector

I guess I'm not allowed to help out with some links to similar used planers for sale so, just check out SearchTempest. (Maybe giving that advice is against the rules, too.)

The 22-580 went for $450 new and I prefer it to the Dewalt 735. The PC895 was about $250 and the AP400 $200. Half as a starting point would get you $225, $125, and $100. You could adjust up or down depending on factors like condition, included (or missing) accessories, availability of replacement parts, comparability to similar machines currently available new or used, etc.

Because you can't get Delta parts, the planner is $100 +/-. The AP 400, $50 -$75 in our market.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wrenn View Post
    Because you can't get Delta parts, the planner is $100 +/-. The AP 400, $50 -$75 in our market.
    Other than the Unisaw or other high production OWWM type tools, this is pretty much the case for any (especially modern) Delta tool.

In the end, I got $280 for the planer and dust collector and $150 for the router. It's cash in my pocket and 3 less things to store...
    A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish.