Thread: Question on holdfast vacuum chuck

Question on holdfast vacuum chuck

I just purchased a Holdfast vacuum system with the 3inch and the 6 inch chuck .Both the 3 inch and the 6 inch plastic part and the aluminum threaded inert are loose .I can spin them by hand .Any body else have this problem?

Seems defective. Mine doesn't.
    Mine are also old. Maybe a new thing that seals with vacuum applied or the chick tightened on the lathe? I don't know......... Give the dealer a call.

Mine are 4-5 years old and do not spin. I would doubt it would seal well with that situation, but it could be something has changed from Holdfast.

Left click my name for homepage link.

4. Something sounds like it is not right......both my HoldFast chucks do not spin on the aluminum part.
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Because I need them ,I pressed them apart.I then lightly sanded the the parts and reassembled using marine epoxy .I will call Holdfast tomorrow .

I've had no problems with mine, but keep us posted us to your problem . thanks no good luck..

Appreciate the feedback Guys! I will keep you posted.

They should not spin. HoldFast should replace them, although the technical master at HoldFast said that if you hold them in place and apply thin CA glue they usually firm up and work fine.

Yesterday I contacted Craft supplies and they were very good to deal with.They said they would replace them or that they would give me a lifetime warranty on them since I had already repaired them? I chose to take the lifetime warranty since after the repair my holding vacuum went from -20 hg to -26 hg!Anybody reading this that might be having a low pressure such as in the upper teens or lower twenties might want to check this.I tried to contact Holdfast to let them know they have a problem in production but they never called me back.