Thread: Nova 1624 upgrade motor started acting up big-time

Nova 1624 upgrade motor started acting up big-time

In July of last year I got tired of belt swapping on my 1624, and bought their DVR headstock upgrade. I have LOVED it ever since, up until today. While turning some smallish (8" or so) well balanced bowls, the lathe would die and the screen would go blank. After switching off and on, unplugging and re-plugging, etc., I could get it to come back on, but never for more than one minute before dropping out again. I never saw the "low voltage" message that I see every time I shut the switch off after using the lathe. It also never got above 6% load on the screen. I took the cover off the control box to look for any loose or damaged components. Nothing ever got hot. Tried several outlets to no avail. None of my other equipment showed signs of a power problem.
    Anyone else had this happen before?
    I'll call them in the morning. I am well within the two year warranty period. I just hope I done have to wait as long for the repair as I did for the motor. I really don't want to put the old motor back on.

Tom,
    I can't help regarding your specific situation, but just wanted you to be aware that Teknatool is located in St. Petersburg Florida and they were without power for much of last week due to effects of Hurricane Irma. Their telephones are still "busy". Hopefully their power is back and they just need to get their phone system straightened out.
    Good luck getting your problem resolved.
    Regards,
    SteveK

Tom,
    This morning I received and email from Teknatool customer service saying they are back in operation.

Please let us know how your issue gets resolved.

Thanks!

I spoke with someone there this morning who assured me he would check with his electrical guy and call me back. He never did. I'll call him back tomorrow.

Teknatool called me back this morning to tell me another complete unit is shipping out today, along with a prepaid return for the old one. I'm pretty happy with that.

That is great!
    C&C WELCOME

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Brouillette View Post
    Teknatool called me back this morning to tell me another complete unit is shipping out today, along with a prepaid return for the old one. I'm pretty happy with that.
    Very nice! That's excellent customer service!

Good to hear. I had a good customer service experience with them a few months ago.
    It's good to applaud companies that "get" this and to ping the ones that do not.
    RD

The guy took a very positive proactive approach to it, too. I must say it was the best customer service experience I've had in a long time. It is sad that great customer service is the exception to the rule nowadays.

I have been more than happy with Technatool's customer service.. They are very responsive.. 10 rating from me.

I agree about their customer service. My replacement arrived as promised, along with a prepaid return label for the old one. With my old-man skepticism showing when talking with the service rep, I asked if this was a brand-new unit, or a factory refurbished one (that's how Apple replaces defects). He said, "Oh no, it's brand new. I wouldn't do THAT to you." I about teared up. I wanted to hug the guy.

Good result for your issue. Mine is doing well for me.
    C&C WELCOME