Thread: Vacuum Chuck for Grizzly G0800 and Laguna Revo 24/36

Vacuum Chuck for Grizzly G0800 and Laguna Revo 24/36

I currently have a Jet 1642 and my vacuum chuck setup includes the Oneway Rotary Adapter. I'm going to upgrade my lathe to either the Grizzly G0800 or the Revo 24/36. Does anyone know if there are vacuum adapters available for either/both of those lathes? Thanks.

Thanks for the question I would like to know also I have the GO800 and intend to add a vacuum chuck in the future

There is a rotary adaptor for the Laguna, you can get it through their customer service. It comes with a small length of hose attached, which you can connect to your own hose. It is also possible to do a bit of disassembly and remove the hose and its fitting and replace it with a 1/4""NPT hose barb of your choice. The internal thread on the Laguna Spindle is 5/8-11 UNC. There is also a vac system from Laguna that includes the rotary adaptor and a vacuum generator. The spindle for the Laguna is too long to use the HoldFast Universal Vac Adaptor.

Just as a note, I have the Holdfast and a Laguna 1836. It is an easy task to change the threaded lamp road to a longer section to fit any lathe.

Left click my name for homepage link.

John:
    Based upon your response, can I conclude that the Holdfast rotary adapter can be used on any lathe, as long as the lamp rod is the appropriate length? Thanks.

Ed

Ed, I can only say that I have had my Holdfast on a Delta 46-460, a Jet 1642-2 and the Laguna. Each time, I simply bought a stick of lamp rod, replaced the previous piece using teflon tape and cut it to the appropriate length. I am not sure I could say it would fit any lathe, but I would think that would be the case.

Left click my name for homepage link.

Thanks John.

Hello. I also use the Holdfast system on my Laguna 2436. Works great. As John mentioned just cut the lamp rod to the appropriate length.
    Great choice on a new lathe by the way, I've had mine for two years now and have had zero issues or complaints.

Today I was at Home Despot and saw that they stock 12" threaded brass lamp rod. They used to stock longer pieces, but perhaps it is available special order.

But Grizzly sells a "universal vacuum kit" with an 18" long rod that is 0.375" OD. It fits my G0766. It includes the rod plus the vacuum bearing. It is probably reasonably priced.