Thread: High end self storage as a shop option?

High end self storage as a shop option?

This term, "high end," when applied to self-storage facilities, is used to describe ones that have amenities like increased security, conference rooms, vending machines, restrooms, and more. HVAC, good lighting, power outlets, are all available as upfits for clients.

is it an option for serious woodworkers who live in tight quarters?

If it's really a self storage place, they probably wouldn't like it being a workshop. Might not have adequate electric. Talk to the manager, rather than try to slip in. Maybe you should look for a very small space in a light industrial park.

Also, consider what a good friend - a retired commercial real estate pro - told me: the rental cost per square foot on an annualized basis for self-storage facilities is, by far, the highest in the entire industry!

Sounds like high end customers would not want a dusty shop neighbor. Maybe you are a hahdtool only guy at which point you just use your kitchen table
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

I did that for a couple of years while living in an apartment. Had to put in my own lights and there was only one outlet. Used it for household storage which was covered and made a small shop in the back. A lot of projects came out of this space until we purchased a home and a shop was built about one year later. It was secure with the manager living on site. But I had to leave home for a 5 mile drive, there was no heat, and the bathroom was a public affair which was not the most pleasant of spaces. If there is power available, it is a workable temporary solution.