View Poll Results: How many Festool tools do you currently own?

Voters
322. You may not vote on this poll
  • I do not own any and do not plan to purchase any in the near future.

99 30.75%
  • I do not own any but will probably purchase one or more in the near future.

11 3.42%
  • 1-3

90 27.95%
  • 4-6

59 18.32%
  • 7+

63 19.57%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Poll: Curious about Festool ownership

I have a dust extractor. a drill and a sander, love them all, however that's probably as far as I'll go as I don't need anything else.....Rod.

2. Domino (bought used at like 70%)
    Ets 125
    Forex 90
    TS55 with two rails
    Ct26

I keep thinking about a jigsaw, but I can't justify it, because the cordless Bosch I have works well enough. Would love a Kapex, but it's insane costly for something I currently use as a roughing tool. Upgrading the ro90 to a ro125 might happen. The domino and the track saw are just game changers for me. And the sanders are excellent.

I have the T S55 track saw and dust collector. Bought in about 2005 when Fe$tool was the only game in town for a tgrcak saw. Works very well for my apliaction -- breaking down plyw'd and other sheet goods. Thought about the Kapex and the OF1400 router but after doing a "hands on" examination in the local woodcraft, they just did not feel right in my hands.

Considered a Domino 500, but I just can not justify the cost vs. usage.

TS55 w/ 2 tracks
    OF1010 router
    OF1400 router
    CT36 dust extractor w/ cleaning kit
    Kapex
    MFT/3
    ETS EC 150/3
    RO 150
    DF500 Domino w/ complete domino assortment package

I went down the slippery slope, fell on my butt and kept on sliding. I love all the Festool tools I have in inventory but I don't think I'll be getting anything else. There are other cheaper options for the rest of the Festool lineup that will perform just as well so I don't see the need.

I do want to add the DF700 domino to my inventory but can't justify it since I have the floor model powermatic motriser for when I need bigger stronger tenons. It's more time consuming but I've only had to use it a handful of times and the fact WW is just my hobby.

Domino, two of the $99 sanders and a 150/3 and two ct22 - one with boom and reuseable filter and other with udd. My tracksaw is dewalt and was a freebie otherwise it would be green too to keep same plug. Love the sander and boom combo.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Mason-Darnell View Post
    Wow--I am a hobbyist, but only 1 of 2 (at the time I am doing this post) that does not own, but plans to buy.

I have tested/tried them and have been impressed. A Domino is on the future acquisition list.
    Technivorm is the Festool of coffee.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Rod Sheridan View Post
    I have a dust extractor. a drill and a sander, love them all, however that's probably as far as I'll go as I don't need anything else.....Rod.
    Not sure "need" has that much to do with buying tools haha.

I must say, based on this survey the % of people who own Festool tools is pretty impressive from the perspective of market share for Festool. I always assumed they were more of a boutique/niche tool.

Let's not get too excited about how representative this poll is. The original question was do you have Festool, not what brand do you have. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Dominik Dudkiewicz View Post

I .
    Good point Dominik

Regards, Rod.

I must say, based on this survey the % of people who own Festool tools is pretty impressive from the perspective of market share for Festool. I always assumed they were more of a boutique/niche tool.
    Interestingly, I've met a number of local "pros" and in all but one case, they were embracing the Festool system, both in their shops and for on-site installation work. One local pro I recently visited (who is also a 'Creeker) had a shop that one third of it looked like a Festool showroom and it wasn't just for show. The setup was clearly aimed at efficient production.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

For some of us, it's a need.

I don't think the percentage is all that crazy. I own Makita, Bosch, Porter Cable, DeFalt, Panasonic, Milwaukee, Hitachi, Senco, Nilfisk and Festool in the portable powered hand tool department. A lot of people are likely in a similar boat whether hobbyist or professional. You buy what works, what fits your checking account, and sometimes what you need on the way to a job because you forgot something. What I'm saying is I don't think most people just shop one color of tool.

Kapex, tracksaw, domino, detail sander, jigsaw.
    I got them all used or on closeout. I'd never pay full price for them!

Sanders - 150/3, 150/5, 125, Rotex 90 & 125. Plus the CT-26 and their countersink bit. Would never give up the 150 sanders, the Rotex 90, thCT-26 or the countersink bit. I only use the Rotex 125 occasionally and rarely use the 125 sander.

I tried the REQ55 track saw with two 4' tracks coupled together for long cuts. Coupling the tracks was a pain. I also got the angle kit, which wasn't impressive. I returned them before the 30 day no-questions-asked return period was up. I ended up with the Dewalt track saw with the 4' and 8' tracks and am happy with them.
    “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness..." - Mark Twain

If the poll was still open I’d change my vote from 0 to 1 as I just got a Domino.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Day View Post
    If the poll was still open I’d change my vote from 0 to 1 as I just got a Domino.
    Congratulations! You'll like it.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.