View Poll Results: How many Festool tools do you currently own?

Voters
322. You may not vote on this poll
  • I do not own any and do not plan to purchase any in the near future.

99 30.75%
  • I do not own any but will probably purchase one or more in the near future.

11 3.42%
  • 1-3

90 27.95%
  • 4-6

59 18.32%
  • 7+

63 19.57%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll: Curious about Festool ownership

Poll: Curious about Festool ownership

Just scratching an itch...

Even though Festool and Sawstop now have the same parent company, for the purposes of this poll, please do not count a Sawstop as a Festool.

Domino, track saw and Kapex. Tried the cordless drill and jig saw but prefer my DeWalt. Sold the drill and jig saw.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Oh oh, Domino.
    Last edited by Jim Morgan; 09-21-2017 at 10:26 AM.
    -- Jim

Use the right tool for the job.

Domino and track saw. I have an MFT as well, but it's just being used as a stand for a 9" DeWalt radial arm saw (Some irony there...)

I have two of their sanders. Was afraid I might succumb to the "slippery slope" but it hasn't happened for me. Excellent sanders, but not enough so to justify the price. Can't comment on their other tools.

2 - 150/5 ROS
    1 - ES55 Track saw with 2 tracks

Would buy the sanders again in a heartbeat - they are workhorses for me.

Will buy a Makita track saw if my FS ever bites the dust - merely because of cost. With that said, I have no regrets buying the one I have as it's paid for itself 100 times over.
    -Lud

They seem to be great tools but I am not in the market for anything new for the forseeable future.

I have the domino, both track saws, and the router. I do love them, mostly for the dust handling. All excellent, but probably not worth the extra money. I had some extra money so I bought them.

9. Domino 500, OF1400, TS55, HK85, Jigsaw, DTS400. Like them all, but think the high end Bosch jigsaw at nearly half the price would probably have been no worse. The others I chose mainly for dust collection and the DTS as there were no real alternatives.

I bought a used Domino. At half price I am not in love with it enough to go further down the slope.

12v drill driver
    Trion jig saw
    Track saw
    OF1400 router
    OF1010 router
    ETS 150/3 sander
    ETS 150 Rotex sander
    MFT
    CT26 extractor
    8' track
    4' tracks (2)

Some of these tools are approaching a decade old and still look and perform like new. One of the Dominos is still on my "to acquire" list. And I will never buy a Sawstop...
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 09-25-2017 at 8:53 PM.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

After a major downsizing, the Track Saw and Domino have been game changers and allowed me to find new ways to work. I also bought an MFT, LR32 Euro hole drilling kit and a CT Vacuum and am very pleased with those as well. My routers, jig saw and SCMS are Bosch and I won't part with them. Festool make some excellent tools, but IMHO there are equally high quality tools produced by other manufacturers at a far better price point. I still use a DeWalt drill and an impact driver that are over 10 years old and still work perfectly (other than having to replace battery packs more than I would have expected)
    Dick Mahany.

12v drill driver
    Domino 700
    ETS 150/3 sander
    ETS 150 Rotex sander
    CT26 extractor

So that's five for the poll
    "the mechanic that would perfect his work must first sharpen his tools.” Confucius

I bought a used domino, router and rotex. I'm ok with tye domino and the router. Not game changers, but they're ok. I really like the rotex.

I'm only going to buy one more Festool tool, and that's the track saw assuming I can find a nice used one.

I think there would be a difference between pros and hobbyists. I've looked at a lot of their tools and admire the design and construction, but totally not worth it for my hobby. I'd buy them if I was in a viable business.