View Poll Results: How many Festool tools do you currently own?

Voters
322. You may not vote on this poll
  • I do not own any and do not plan to purchase any in the near future.

99 30.75%
  • I do not own any but will probably purchase one or more in the near future.

11 3.42%
  • 1-3

90 27.95%
  • 4-6

59 18.32%
  • 7+

63 19.57%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Poll: Curious about Festool ownership

They are good tools, but I'm not a Festool-fanboy... if there is a better/more suitable tool, esp. for less, I will rather buy that. Plus I don't appreciate the way Festool N.A. runs their anti-competitive dealer agreements. Doesn't happen in Europe...

Domino 500
    - because there is nothing else like it, great dust collection

OF1010
    - because it's a good router with great dust collection, and fits my bosch fsn ofa 32mm kit, plus I got it used for a fair price

ETS 150/5
    - good sander, great dust collection

CT26
    - I got this for a smoking deal when festool recalled/swapped the midi/mini in Canada... I paid a used price for a new extractor...

I almost bought a Festool tracksaw but ended up with a Mafell MT55 instead. Thanks for cancelling my order amazon.

I do like tanos systainers.

I will never buy a sawstop.

i bought a domino 500 with the systainer kit including all the bits and the assortment of dominos with about 80% of them left for like half price. ive used it once... honestly i thought id use it alot more for things like gluing up pannels etc. it helps with vertical alignment etc but you can do the same thing with cauls and everything goes through the board sander anyways. not sure it was worth it even at that price. my bisquit jointer would probably do jsut as good a job for what i need i guess.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Josh Kocher View Post

I will never buy a sawstop.
    This would be an interesting poll. It seems that sawstop is far more polarising than even festool.

Eg.
    1. I will never buy a sawstop
    2. I may or may not buy a sawstop - will decide based on balance of price/features next time I'm looking for a saw
    3. I will definitely be buying a sawstop
    4. I own a sawstop

But that belongs in another thread. I'm in the I would never buy a sawstop camp - primarily because I don't think the value is there and secondly because I am stuborn and don't like being told what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominik Dudkiewicz View Post
    ...It seems that sawstop is far more polarising than even festool...
    It isn't Sawstop that is polarizing; it is those who try to force Sawstop on the rest of us who can actually operate our saws safely.
    "Anything seems possible when you don't know what you're doing."

it is just too expensive to pay that much for a power tool. I'm sure they are good, but I'd rather buy old Makita brand made in Japan, or Bosch, Made in Switzerland in good condition for 1/4 the price...I'm sure I'll get opinions on this post!

Personal responsibility, and the right to make our own choices.

If you see value in that technology, good for you - get it.

They look like nice saws.
    But I don't see value for me in the premium for that technology.
    I don't want to buy it.
    Mostly though, I don't want to support the intrusion on my freedom to make choices as a consumer.

You could make the same argument with many ship risks, for example dust collection. Which although not as immediately graphic, poses a risk in most shops. Wood dust is a known carcinogen, causes asthma, etc...

Should only 5hp+ HEPA cyclones be sold... Or only routers with captive dust collection... etc...

Ultimately we all make our choices on each product and sometimes make a compromise to best manage our needs. If you make uninformed, ignorant or improper compromises, that's on you. Personal responsibility.

I don't think I make the wrong choice for me when it comes to not wanting a Sawstop though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominik Dudkiewicz View Post
    This would be an interesting poll. It seems that sawstop is far more polarising than even festool.

Eg.
    1. I will never buy a sawstop
    2. I may or may not buy a sawstop - will decide based on balance of price/features next time I'm looking for a saw
    3. I will definitely be buying a sawstop
    4. I own a sawstop

But that belongs in another thread. I'm in the I would never buy a sawstop camp - primarily because I don't think the value is there and secondly because I am stuborn and don't like being told what to do.
    create the poll

5. "I think everyone should be forced to buy a Sawstop."
    "Anything seems possible when you don't know what you're doing."

6. Using a tool any more dangerous than a spork should be left to professionals.

I'm sensing the need for subcategories for this poll

Quote Originally Posted by andy bessette View Post
    5. "I think everyone should be forced to buy a Sawstop."
    Sawstop should give them away if they think that everyone needs one

RO 125 sander and ?36 dust catcher--I went to them from a 40 year old Craftsman orbital sander and no dust system, so I can't compare. They do a good job and I use them a lot.

Had the spare money to spend. Domino and sanders.

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Wasner View Post
    6. Using a tool any more dangerous than a spork should be left to professionals.

I'm sensing the need for subcategories for this poll
    Funny how it's those "professionals" that are the ones that end up with nicknames like lefty and 8-fingered Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Kocher View Post
    I almost bought a Festool tracksaw but ended up with a Mafell MT55 instead.
    How do you like the Mafell? FWW did a track saw review and gave Mafell and Festool 75 top honors. The Mafell sounded like a pretty impressive saw.
    “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness..." - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Hankins View Post
    Funny how it's those "professionals" that are the ones that end up with nicknames like lefty and 8-fingered Joe.
    Haha, whatever you need to tell yourself.