View Poll Results: How many Festool tools do you currently own?

Voters
322. You may not vote on this poll
  • I do not own any and do not plan to purchase any in the near future.

99 30.75%
  • I do not own any but will probably purchase one or more in the near future.

11 3.42%
  • 1-3

90 27.95%
  • 4-6

59 18.32%
  • 7+

63 19.57%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Poll: Curious about Festool ownership

I have the TS75 Tracksaw, Carvex jigsaw, OF2200 router, and the OF1400 router.
    Nice tools, all of them.
    Their routers are very nice!. For a router as big as the OF 2200, it is incredibly well balanced and smooth.
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)

I have dust extractor, ETS EC 150/3 EQ, ETS EC 150/5, RO90, & Donino XL. I looked around and bought most of these slightly used at huge discounts.

Domino 500
    CT26 extractor
    ETS 125 rotex sander
    ETS EC 125 Sander
    Sawstop PCS

May acquire the track saw, still debating. Love all of the tools, work great, dust collection is amazing.

Too much to count.

I have a kapex, mft, ro150, ets/5 150, of1400, domino 500, and the TS75. The track saw and domino are truly amazing tools. I use the domino more for panel alignment than joinery, it seems. For that it is incredible. a few dominos over a 10' length will keep your panel aligned within 1/32-1/64 very easily. For squaring panels, the track saw is a great tool for me. I often have islands or table tops that are 4x8 and 1.5-2" thick that the track saw easily squares for me. These pieces are large and heavy and thus difficult to take to a tool. The sanders are comfortable with good dust collection, but the pads dont last as long as they should. My 5" bosch has never had the pad replaced, but my festool has twice. I routinely abuse that bosch for more DIY projects too. The router and kapex are ok. I cant say they are that impressive compared to what bosch puts out.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy Warner View Post
    Too much to count.
    Yep, 3 full stacks plus a few at home, in my truck, in my office to possibly make another stack.

Have the TS 55 track saw (what a tool!) and one of their disc sanders. Extremely pleased.
    "Anything seems possible when you don't know what you're doing."

Track saw with 4 tracks
    Router (middle size one)
    Vacuum
    Random orbit sander

really like all of the tools and the dust collection is pretty amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Cary Falk View Post
    I bought a used Domino. At half price I am not in love with it enough to go further down the slope.
    I tested 2 different Festool sanders with a stopwatch on pencil marks. I wanted them to out perform my $60 Milwaukee. They were the same or inferior in speed and swirl marking. Then I priced the "special" abrasive disks. I also tested the Swiss made Bosch 1/2-Sheet sander. It was inferior to the Milwaukee as well.

I learned a lot from the tests, but it was like a cold shower on my tool lust.

I would buy a Festool. However for 2 to 3 times the price of the competition I expect noticeably better performance.
    "Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t - you’re right."
    - Henry Ford

I think the poll would look a lot different if you broke it down between hobbyists and pros. Before I retired, I made my living as a photographer. The gear (and prices) that I chose would cause a hobbyist to faint. Same principle here.

Just one, and I love it - the ETS 150/3 sander.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

One. The $99 special sander. Haven't used it yet.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Decker View Post
    I think the poll would look a lot different if you broke it down between hobbyists and pros. Before I retired, I made my living as a photographer. The gear (and prices) that I chose would cause a hobbyist to faint. Same principle here.
    I was a pro for years, a hobbyist now. As a pro, value or getting the most for my money was a top priority. I didn't have much money then.
    Now I could easily afford the most expensive tools. As a pro I learned the fastest and easiest way to get the work done was necessary, so tool testing was a top priority. I haven't changed as a hobbyist.
    "Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t - you’re right."
    - Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Decker View Post
    That's probably true, but there's a lot of gray area there and it wasn't quite the question I was interested in. I was more curious to test the hypothesis that Festool is no longer a niche brand in the US. In other words, if you take a smattering of woodworkers, hobbyist, semi-pro, pro, whatever, it's just as common of a brand in our shops as say, Delta or Powermatic or Dewalt, etc.

If you did the same exact poll for other brands, I wonder how the results would differ. Currently it looks like about 2/3 of respondents have some Festool in their shop. That's some pretty impressive market penetration, at least amongst the online woodworking community, which admittedly does represent some of the most GAS (gear acquisition syndrome)-afflicted folks.

As far as actual power tools go I have the following:

Domino 500
    Trion Jigsaw

TS 55 Track saw
    OF 1400 router
    OF 1010 router
    ETS EC 150/3 sander
    RTS 400 EQ sander
    CT 36 Vacuum

And of course there are a ton of accessories.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!