Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where the heck and I going to put all this stuff?

Moving along slowly.
    By the end of the weekend it MAY resemble a shop.
    Or. at least, the beginnings of one.

I'll grab a couple pics of where I'm at.
    Still lots to do

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hulbert View Post
    I hope you plan on tamping after tilling. Your sleepers may end up sinking randomly.
    Please follow this advice.

Thanks, Eric, b didn't need to.
    Very hard packed with lots of sandstone.

I wanted to dig down due to the low ceiling but my rototiller wouldn't make a dent.
    I ended up digging out where my 2X4 "joists" would sit to level the floor

My current shop and my previous were small but not that small. Current one is 14x24. In both the current and previous, I have had one long wall (24 foot in current) for crosscutting tools. I use a Hitachi 12 inch non-slider and an old Ryobi RAS. The Hitachi cuts up to 8 inches and above that the Ryobi gets used. It also cuts dados including roughing tenons on long boards. I use it a lot less than the CMS but it does get used. Both tools are shimmed up to the same height on a long bench with flip stops that both use. Below the tools are drawers for most of my tools. Above the tools is board storage. It is an efficient layout for me. Sometimes hardwood goes off the rack onto the saws to be cut to rough length. Usually they go to the workbench first, however, for sorting.

You should look at Ron Paulk's videos. His stuff is meant to be portable but I used his two level top idea on my workbench which is also my table saw outfeed and track saw cutting station. His newest design is 3x6 feet if I remember right and has space for a portable table saw, a CMS, and a router table. Something like that might fit your space. A track saw is a great thing in a small space. Much better way to cut up long or big boards and sheet goods.

Thanks for the suggestions, Jim.
    I have seen Ron Paulk's videos and he gets a lot of stuff in.

I am putting everything I can on casters.

I hate to do it because I don't ever want to get rid of anything but putting the radial arm saw for sale.
    Too much room that I don't have.

I wanted to put an old metal office desk out there but don't have the room so I'm going to cannibalize the top and scrap the rest.

I've learned that to rip long stuff I put the table saw one way and for wide stuff turn it.

As soon as I finish my adjacent Harbor Freight garage to put all my mowers, tractors, tillers, etc. in, I can build my under bench cabinet and wall cabinet.

It was interesting, today, trying to rip a sheet of plywood.
    I didn't have everything out yet but it was tight