Thread: Question for the Pen Turners

Question for the Pen Turners

I have a request for several click pens. I have made a few Gatsby and Slimline Pro click pens but nothing else. Is there any other good click pens on the market? Your help is always appreciated.

Regards, Ken

Become a Contributor at SMC and keep this great source of Knowledge and help from becoming only a memory.

There are not many good click pens that I have found. Best luck I have had is with the Gatsby/sierra click. Some like the vertex but everyone I have made has broke. If you go with vertex you need to ca a piece of tooth pick in the hole on the top of the plastic click mechanism. This has taken care of breaking but I feel you should not have to do this and I would be scared to sell a pen like that, I just use it as a carry pen.

Ron, I know this is no help but I turned pens for 5 years and never could find a click pen kit that was good quality. Like Brent said, most brake after several weeks/months of use. I quit making/selling click pens because I wanted to keep my customers happy. Hope you find a good quality click pen kit. Happy turning!

There is a kit called the Tempest, sold by someone out of Great Britain that had some good reviews. Personally I have quit making any of the click pens. The last time I did, I gave away all of the kits, bushing etc. and swore off of them. The recipient, at the time a new penmaker still reminds me of the headaches I gave him. But as he said it was a good learning experiment.

If I find a stateside dealer for the Tempest I may try them, but the first ones better exceed my expectations or they will be in the trash ASAP.

Thanks everyone for the information. Guess I will do the Gatsby and hope for the best.

Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin Hasenak View Post
    There is a kit called the Tempest, sold by someone out of Great Britain that had some good reviews. Personally I have quit making any of the click pens. The last time I did, I gave away all of the kits, bushing etc. and swore off of them. The recipient, at the time a new penmaker still reminds me of the headaches I gave him. But as he said it was a good learning experiment.

If I find a stateside dealer for the Tempest I may try them, but the first ones better exceed my expectations or they will be in the trash ASAP.
    I haven't tried it, but have heard decent reviews too. Signature Pen Supply seems to carry them now, but I have a little trouble navigating their site to find it. Here's a link for the gunmetal version, not sure how to find the chrome that is supposed to be available: https://www.signaturepensupply.com/products/tempest

Don't forget the Bolt Action pens, if they suit your market.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Cannon View Post
    I haven't tried it, but have heard decent reviews too. Signature Pen Supply seems to carry them now, but I have a little trouble navigating their site to find it. Here's a link for the gunmetal version, not sure how to find the chrome that is supposed to be available: https://www.signaturepensupply.com/products/tempest
    Found it on the home page. Got to scroll down quite a ways before it shows. https://www.signaturepensupply.com/p...pest-in-chrome

"The best things in life are not things."