Thread: You Tube Ads and You Tube Red

You Tube Ads and You Tube Red

I stream music to my shop via you tube. I don't mind the ads, as I know they pay the freight. But what I HATE are the ads that say "music will play after ad," but ad never plays. Basically computer freezes up. Then you have to select another site to listen to. Also hate when you can skip ad during last second of ad. Why even put in "skip ad" if you don't mean it The frequency of these happening are directly related to offer for You Tube Red for only $9.99 a month. I guess their idea is "upset the listener off enough, and he will sign up for only $9.99 a month." I lived almost 70 years without you tube music, so I know I can do the same the few I have left.
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 09-26-2017 at 1:19 AM.

I use Pandora
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

Blog Entries
    Pandora here. Sometimes I use Sirius XM and occaisionally, A RADIO!

Blog Entries
    I've compiled a collection of music I like and play it in my shop via my mp3 player. No commercials.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

I use Youtube for music but don't get many ads, certainly never had them freeze (on a computer). Occasionally YT ads would freeze my old Roku 2. I do feel like you get less ads using Chrome than other browsers.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lehnert View Post
    I use Pandora
    And the correct answer is . . . .

I also have a small 1TB USB drive that holds hundreds of full quality CD's.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Just get an ad blocker. I never see ads on YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Henderson View Post
    Just get an ad blocker. I never see ads on YouTube.
    Have Ad Blocker Plus, and recently added a second ad blocker. ABP didn't do the job, but second ad blocker plus ABP did, for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wrenn View Post
    Have Ad Blocker Plus, and recently added a second ad blocker. ABP didn't do the job, but second ad blocker plus ABP did, for now.
    I've got AdAware and I never see an ad on YouTube or anywhere else.