Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Shop (Finally!)

The past month has been busy.
    I put up plywood where the breaker box was to be mounted.
    IMG_1069.jpg
    The electricians finished everything except a couple cover plates before the holiday.

shop2.jpg
    After the electricians were finished I was able to get the time to put the rest of the 3/4" plywood walls up.
    The power company came in just a couple days ago and hooked up the power and installed a meter. I HAVE POWER!!!
    shop.jpg
    I found some nice neutral mis-tint paint/primer at the one of the home stores for cheap this past week, so as soon as I have free time it will be time to paint the walls.

Once the walls are painted, the tools will finally come home from the storage unit. I want to bring some stuff now, I but I know it is a slippery slope and this place will never be this empty again. It is much better to finish the room before moving into it, otherwise it may never get finished.

I need some input on window coverings. I had thought of using faux wood blinds or mini-blinds, but I want something that will be easy to keep the dust clean. What do you guys have for window coverings in your shop?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Duc in altum!

Looks great!

Looking good! And yes, it will be very wise of you to get your painting, etc., done before you move anything else into that space. It's easier and safer and as you note, will insure it actually gets accomplished before the, um...distractions...enter the building.

For window coverings on my exterior doors (the only windows in my shop that are practical to cover) I use simple roller shades. Fabric or shutters/blinds would be a real pain for dust control. I only really have the shades for security purposes, but even that's a moot point given the very large window at one end behind my miter station that cannot be "covered" unless I board it up from the outside.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Jamie-my thought would be no window coverings at all-let the light shine in. But keep in mind, my shop is a daylight basement where the only windows are in the man and garage doors🤔
    Enjoy your new shop, and the many hours of enjoyment to be had in it!

I got the walls painted last weekend. The color was chosen by what was available at HD on the oops rack. This was my first time using a paint sprayer (what a time saver!)
    E517539A-6083-46F6-B89F-E92CC4E67137.jpg
    Today I was able to enlist the help of fiends and family to get my tools moved out of storage and into the shop. Now for the fun of cleaning things off and getting them tuned up. I’ll be making sawdust by the end of the week.
    1F5DE36D-965B-4852-8BBA-8C3649377927.jpg
    My 4 year has decided he’s the official floor cleaner. He’s almost as excited as I am to finally get this shop done.
    16774D70-4401-4593-8862-2CFC78048C45.jpg
    Duc in altum!

Enjoy that,once he turns 16 it will be far harder to jet any help out of him ! Nice shop.

Lookin' good, Jamie!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Very impressive.
    This thread opened at the end of September and tools are now in place.
    Everything looks great.

Blog Entries
    Wow. That is a great space. I could build a boat in there. Well done.