Thread: Half Bath Vanity

Half Bath Vanity

I finally finished our half bath remodel. Here is what the vanity and medicine cabinet look like.

The wood is white ash, the vanity with a white stain, the back splash and mirror frame with a shellac/Transtint toner. The counter top is MDF painted with BM Advance.

John

John, very nice, really like the color scheme. Never considered using MDF near water, guess it will work ok if you can get it completely sealed before the sink is installed.

John, that's a nicely executed and unique vanity!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by julian abram View Post
    John, very nice, really like the color scheme. Never considered using MDF near water, guess it will work ok if you can get it completely sealed before the sink is installed.

Thanks very much. The MDF is painted with two coats of BIN and 2 coats of BM Advance on what you see and the bottom edges. It's a half bath that won't get much use. I think it will be fine.

John

Especially like the sink used in vertical line. Mdf will be OK ,I think it's sheetrock that doesn't belong in a bath. All it takes is a little water on the floor and its gets and holds black mold. I removed base, cut out sheet rock a little below base height and replaced it with painted and caulked to floor wood . Then new base caulked to floor with NP-1. No shoe mould.