If I could offer my 2 cents on the ATC. I write programs for a novice operator with a big iron machine with a 8 tool changer. 99% of the programs require 3 tool changes or less. Granted based on his original designs this works. Would more intricate toolpathing / changes be better? Depends on the design. At this point no. I started out with a used machine with 1 spindle, I did work for me to get my feet wet and decide what the next up grade would be. When it came time to move on , I also as you got sticker shock on an ATC machine. But a forum member on this thread guided me to other options that fit my budget. I ended up purchasing a machine that has 3 heads that ride along and act as an ATC. Although 2 of the heads are routers, with correct application of the tooling this has not been an issue for me. For me this works very well for what Im doing. It had been mentioned about a CNC printing $20s and a ATC printing $100, Im happy for my 1 man shop to be printing somewhere in the middle with a paid off machine. Dan Nelson.