Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kanefusa saw blades

Kanefusa saw blades

We are predominantly a woodworking shop, using solid wood and veneers. For the past several years, I have been using (on my 10' Griggio slider and 14" Omga RAS) Kanefusa 14" combination, ripping & ATB blades. I also have many good industrial blades from makers like NapGladu, Royce/Ayr, FS tool, etc. They all cut well but something about the Kanefusa blades just is like magic. The cut quality, feel when cutting etc is amazing.

I've been doing more melamine cutting (mainly for modern Euro style cabinetry or just melamine boxes instead of lacquered veneers) the past few years, and again, I have been using several good industrial blades and split scoring saw. I wanted to get my hands on a Kanefusa TCG and scorer to try but put it off for the past year. Today I finally took the time to get a set I ordered on the saw and give it a go.

Wow, it did not disappoint! The cut and finish on melamine was just incredible. There is something special about these blades it seems. Anyone else using Kanefusa have the same results VS other companies?
    Andrew J. Coholic

Where are you buying them?

I bought several from Quinn's saw service in St.Louis , MO.
    Blades are as you describe, very excellent. They cut with very little pushing force needed. Unfortunately, they do not seem to have a well known presence, and therefore, you might have to order and wait for them to come from Japan.
    I could easily get rid of all my other blades, and just run these.
    Their catalog is quite extensive though.

By the way, Quinn's is far and away the best sharpening service I have used in 25 or so years of business.

How are the prices compared to other brands?
    Richard Poitras
    Central, Michigan....
    01-02-2006

Prices for me were well in line with other quality brands I have bought for professional blades.
    You can definitely find cheaper blades if you look, and that is your main focus.
    For me, I can't find any reason to look at another brand after using these.

One other thing I forgot to mention, is how incredibly quiet they are while cutting. This is directly related to cut quality.

just curious, how do you feel they compare to Tenyru? i've been running tenyru blades on my slider, and so far i'm pretty happy. i have some kanefusa tersa knives for the j/p, clearly well made, but never considered the table saw blades... any experience in that comparison?

thanks for sharing your experience.

For me, I have only used the Tenryu blades in a skilsaw, or a chopsaw, so not a direct comparison. My recent Tenryu blade experiences are that they are above middle of the road, but not the best I have used.
    Matsushita, if you can find them for the smaller machines like above, are the best I have used in them.

i'm running a 350mm blade for the slider. i'll look into kanefusa. thanks again peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew J. Coholic View Post
    We are predominantly a woodworking shop, using solid wood and veneers. For the past several years, I have been using (on my 10' Griggio slider and 14" Omga RAS) Kanefusa 14" combination, ripping & ATB blades. I also have many good industrial blades from makers like NapGladu, Royce/Ayr, FS tool, etc. They all cut well but something about the Kanefusa blades just is like magic. The cut quality, feel when cutting etc is amazing.

I've been doing more melamine cutting (mainly for modern Euro style cabinetry or just melamine boxes instead of lacquered veneers) the past few years, and again, I have been using several good industrial blades and split scoring saw. I wanted to get my hands on a Kanefusa TCG and scorer to try but put it off for the past year. Today I finally took the time to get a set I ordered on the saw and give it a go.

Wow, it did not disappoint! The cut and finish on melamine was just incredible. There is something special about these blades it seems. Anyone else using Kanefusa have the same results VS other companies?
    Where do you buy the Kanefusa blade in Canada?

We got a Kanafusa combination blade through Peter and liked it so much I bought 2 more from Quinn. We cut mainly solid wood on our slider and this is the perfect blade for this. I will echo they are good on the sharpening. We had a good local sharpener and when they sold the business it went downhill so it was good timing to find Quinn.

I would like to get a fine crosscut blade for solid wood. Peter, did you end up getting anything for this purpose?

Blog Entries
    It is a wonderful thing when you find that blade (or blades) that seem to take a leap up from the pack. When we find the one that works better for us (this varies with what you do, of course) it is good to shout it out so that others can benefit from our experience. Thanks for sharing the brand. I was not aware of them.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Quote Originally Posted by James Zhu View Post
    Where do you buy the Kanefusa blade in Canada?
    AK Hurst has some for sale and they also ship to the US

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Giddings View Post
    AK Hurst has some for sale and they also ship to the US
    Thanks Andy.

I find Kanefusa fine crosscut blade and glue joint rip blade on their website, not combination blade though.

https://shop.akhurst.com/canada/kan2...2txd-01-g.html
    https://shop.akhurst.com/canada/kan2...xa20-01-g.html

Quote Originally Posted by James Zhu View Post
    Thanks Andy.

I find Kanefusa fine crosscut blade and glue joint rip blade on their website, not combination blade though.

https://shop.akhurst.com/canada/kan2...2txd-01-g.html
    https://shop.akhurst.com/canada/kan2...xa20-01-g.html
    You might need to call them, James. Agree that their website selection for Kanefusa is small

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Mitchell View Post
    Where are you buying them?
    Nap Gladu and also through Akhurst Machinery
    Andrew J. Coholic