Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kanefusa saw blades

Quote Originally Posted by peter gagliardi View Post
    Prices for me were well in line with other quality brands I have bought for professional blades.
    You can definitely find cheaper blades if you look, and that is your main focus.
    For me, I can't find any reason to look at another brand after using these.

One other thing I forgot to mention, is how incredibly quiet they are while cutting. This is directly related to cut quality.
    First think I noticed years ago when we started using them was the reduced noise.

This is scoring and main blade set is whisper quiet. I can even hear the scorer
    Andrew J. Coholic

I just ordered 4 more blades today. I have a lot of blades for a small shop but am always looking for something better. I think the Kanefusa will be very hard to beat based on my experience.
    Andrew J. Coholic

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Calhoon View Post
    We got a Kanafusa combination blade through Peter and liked it so much I bought 2 more from Quinn. We cut mainly solid wood on our slider and this is the perfect blade for this. I will echo they are good on the sharpening. We had a good local sharpener and when they sold the business it went downhill so it was good timing to find Quinn.

I would like to get a fine crosscut blade for solid wood. Peter, did you end up getting anything for this purpose?
    Joe, I did. I will have to look, but I think it is the 3.2 mm x 350mm x 100 or 120 tooth blade. Cuts are glass smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew J. Coholic View Post
    I just ordered 4 more blades today. I have a lot of blades for a small shop but am always looking for something better. I think the Kanefusa will be very hard to beat based on my experience.
    Have one in your OMGA chop box? Is it quiet? All three of mine SCREAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Wasner View Post
    Have one in your OMGA chop box? Is it quiet? All three of mine SCREAM!
    Not yet. Ive tried 3 or 4 blades and IIRC a Forrest is in there now. A bit fine for what we do, I should have a combination blade or an ATB with fewer teeth.
    Andrew J. Coholic

I have switched to Everlast blades. Can't get my hands on Golden Eagle anymore.

since sharpening is a big deal the question will be if you buy them who is going to do it., I did call Akhurst bought a power feed from them a million years ago. Do sell them didnt ask prices but did ask about sharpening and the guy I talked to had no idea. guys that do that are all different, last stuff sent in first time to a reputable name some of the blades are sharpened way different than ever in the past they work well though. Never hear of Everlast blades maybe on the band of some underwear which might put some pressure on whoever is wearing them

Quote Originally Posted by peter gagliardi View Post
    Joe, I did. I will have to look, but I think it is the 3.2 mm x 350mm x 100 or 120 tooth blade. Cuts are glass smooth.
    Thanks Peter,
    I think I will order a couple of those for special projects.
    The blade you sourced for me originally is called the Hi- Max and a bit of a mystery as I cannot find it on the US website. I just got 2 more of these from Quinn. They had to be ordered from Japan and took about 6 weeks. It might be considered a rip blade but is now our go to blade in the slider for solid wood. Rips and crosscuts are effortless and quiet. Most of our crosscuts for door and window parts on the slider usually get further machining on the tenoner or shaper or are not seen for panels and the like. But it is not a bad crosscut for that type blade. I even cut up a sheet of maple ply and it was not bad.
    Kanefusa blade.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Warren Lake View Post
    since sharpening is a big deal the question will be if you buy them who is going to do it., I did call Akhurst bought a power feed from them a million years ago. Do sell them didnt ask prices but did ask about sharpening and the guy I talked to had no idea. guys that do that are all different, last stuff sent in first time to a reputable name some of the blades are sharpened way different than ever in the past they work well though. Never hear of Everlast blades maybe on the band of some underwear which might put some pressure on whoever is wearing them
    I've had excellent sharpening service with all
    my blades, including the Kanefusa, with either BC Saw ( which is now Nap Gladu) or Royce Ayr who I usually use nowadays.

Nap Gladu can order wherever they don't stock. When I was speaking to the sales guy this week and mentioned this about Kanefusa, he said a lot of their customers are saying the same thing. They love them if you are not unwilling to wait a few weeks to source them out.
    Andrew J. Coholic

Most people don't realize the amount of blade/cutting tool manufacturers that are out there. Everlast is basically an industrial blade only, only available through tooling and sharpening shops. Same with golden eagle, which I miss.
    Everything I have sent out with an Everlast blade on it, I will get a call from my customer wanting to know where to get more of them.

Everlast are good blades, made in Florida I believe, or used to be.
    I have several, but they are not in the same class in my opinion as the Kanefusa.
    Joe, yes, mine is a Hi max as well. My fine tooth unit is 120 tooth.

I have seen new blades from somewhere that had ceramic teeth instead of carbide, also diamond as well.

Everlast was recently bought out and the new owners moved the plant to KS, from FL in effort to reduce shipping times.
    Last edited by Darcy Warner; 09-30-2017 at 4:30 PM.

i talked to quinn, they suggested the 70-tooth 27-14.0X070TXBC-01, at $159. none in stock, so 3 month lead time, and have to buy in pairs. plus, they would have to bore the 30mm/2x10mm pinholes themselves. seems like a big lift for a saw blade.

i'm not convinced the extra cost and wait time is worth it.... kind of a big investment just to check and see how they perform relative to the Tenyrus.

peter, do you have any guidance as to which of the kanefusa blades you are using as a "combo" (or are you using a combo at all)?

thanks,

--- dz

Dave, I have the same one Joe pictured, maybe you can make out the info on it?

got it - thanks.