Thread: Kestrel DROP users?

Kestrel DROP users?

Something I've wanted to get for years. Just arrived today finally.

Kestrel DROP D3. Logs humidity, temperature and pressure ( among other things). Sends data to my iPhone and records it.

I have always logged RH throughout the year using two different analog instruments, as well as temp.

But they don't always give me the same value. This is supposed to be very accurate.

Anyone else have one in the shop to monitor RH%?
    Last edited by Andrew J. Coholic; 09-29-2017 at 10:05 PM. Reason: spelling
    Andrew J. Coholic

I don't have one. I have relied on a couple cheap Tractor Store combo temp and humidity dials. I have wanted something to do just what you describe, but never invested the time to find a unit that could work.
    Thanks for doing some of the legwork, I am going to look this up.

Peter, I am going to place this one in the shop, and prob get another to hang near the lumber storage area.

I have seen them at Lee Valley and also Amazon for quite a while but always forgot to order one or had other things on my mind.

its the size of a key fob. Easy to hang and forget about. Having the data go right to the phone which I already use at work for things, will be convenient for sure.
    Andrew J. Coholic

Looks like it will solve a problem that I've been thinking about. Will probably order one soon. Thanks for the lead Andrew.
    Fred

So after two weeks, I’m very impressed with this thing. It records and saves the data every few minutes, and when you open the app on your phone, the data is downloaded via Bluetooth.

You can read the data several ways, graph, tables etc.

I ordered a second unit to hang in the lumber storage section of the shop.

Very interesting to see the often large swings hourly in %RH and temp as the day goes by depending what’s happening. Especially now when heating season has started.

Much easier than checking a thermometer and hygrometer daily or more.

Handy as well, you could create a file, or even print out a monthly or yearly log in case anything in the field does something it shouldn't. It could aid in troubleshooting, or alleviate blame.