Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: FWW Done it Now! Just read the grizz review.

Quote Originally Posted by John Renzetti
    Keith, There is a 1550 member Felder owners group on yahoo that I run. Lots of great discussions about the machines by owners. A lot of ideas for changes and improvements have come from owners there and have been adapted by Felder. Minimax has a similar group as does Rojek and Robland. Laguna also has one run from their server as part of their website.
    Thanks John,
    Those are sites I will visit. My comment was in regard to Paul's preference that manufacturers and importers not post on Sawmill Creek. I understand his point and can see validity in his position.

From my perspective, the value of having the CEO's or other authorized representatives contribute to threads outweighs my concerns over Paul's objections. It's just a different way of looking at the value. Neither position is right OR wrong. Just different takes on the matter. Personally, I like having PapaGrizzly's ear. I've used that to my advantage several times.
    Keith Foster Carrera Farms

I apologize to all for my part in keeping this thread alive; but my guess is that I'm like many others here who are conflicted as to the pros and cons of manufacturers posting and contributing here. I wholeheartedly agree with both sides of the discussion.

So.... the notion just occured to me that we already have a mechanism in place for manufacturer types to post, hype, discuss, sell, schmooze, or whatever. It's called - get this - "The Manufacturers Forum".

If my recollection serves me, those mfgs. pay a stipend to SMC for their forum.

So Shiraz - if you really are the magnaminous wonderful sole that you purport to be. I suggest you contact our admin staff and pony up.
    Only the Blue Roads

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Hoyt
    I apologize to all for my part in keeping this thread alive; but my guess is that I'm like many others here who are conflicted as to the pros and cons of manufacturers posting and contributing here. I wholeheartedly agree with both sides of the discussion.

So.... the notion just occured to me that we already have a mechanism in place for manufacturer types to post, hype, discuss, sell, schmooze, or whatever. It's called - get this - "The Manufacturers Forum".

So Shiraz - if you really are the magnaminous wonderful sole that you purport to be. I suggest you contact our admin staff and pony up.
    I agree ...
    lou

quote=Andy Hoyt]I apologize to all for my part in keeping this thread alive; but my guess is that I'm like many others here who are conflicted as to the pros and cons of manufacturers posting and contributing here. I wholeheartedly agree with both sides of the discussion.
    So.... the notion just occurred to me that we already have a mechanism in place for manufacturer types to post, hype, discuss, sell, schmooze, or whatever. It's called - get this - "The Manufacturers Forum".

So Shiraz - if you really are the magnanimous wonderful sole that you purport to be. I suggest you contact our admin staff and pony up."

"I agree,

lou[/quote]"

Like Andy, I also apologize for keeping this thread alive especially if someone is offended by where it is going. I have mixed feelings about manufacturers posting because sometimes due to pride in their product (which I can understand) or shameless promoting of their products (which IMHO does not have a place on the general forums) it is easy to get carried away from the topic at hand.

Also, I do not own any Grizzly products nor have I ever met Mr. Balolia. I have a shop full of Delta X5 tools which I am seriously thinking about upgrading with a Combo and larger Bandsaw. In the course of searching for upgrades to my shop and before I decided upon a Combo machine (which Grizzly does not carry) I came across Grizzly tools on another forum. Their Muncy PA warehouse is located about 50 miles from where I grew up and I also stopped by to check them out a few weeks ago. In addition, I sent Shiraz Balolia several e-mails with questions about his products which he always answered promptly, directly and somewhat to my surprise without pushing his products.

I am not sure about Shiraz Balolia being a "magnanimous wonderful soul" or what place comments like that have here. I agree if he posts regularly he should support SMC in the Manufactures Forum. I also think we benefit from his input, perspective, knowledge and opinions on this fourm as well. I know personally several people who have resolved issues, problems and concerns about Grizzly products with one e-mail to him.

From my point of view he is welcome here. I believe some of the comments about him and Grizzly seem personal and pretty harsh and would put most of us on the defensive. Also if I felt he was pushing his products beyond a reasonable response to a question or abusing the forum for his own use I would be the first to call him on that issue.

Just my two cents.

lloyd morris