Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any fans of SRV blues guitar style?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Force View Post
    Gotta throw Joe Bonamassa in the thread. An excellent guitarist and singer, I listen to a lot of his music
    I lost a brother several years ago and he was a huge fan of Bonamassa. He had the rare privilege of seeing Joe in a very small venue in Iowa....just a hundred or so fans. He said he made his way to the stage and stood in front of the speakers and that Bonamassa's performance was his favorite memory. Said Joe interacted with him by playing directly at him for a short while and my brother told me later the show was similar to one very long orgasm (I hope that term is acceptable here at SMC).

Sorry for the loss of your brother, never thought of Joe's music in that way before but I am smiling as I crack up the volume

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Force View Post
    Sorry for the loss of your brother, never thought of Joe's music in that way before but I am smiling as I crack up the volume
    Crank it up a little more in memory of Dave, one of the kindest hearted guys you could ever meet. I know he'd be smiling, too. He was also a big fan of Eric Johnson. And,of course, his greatest love musicaly, Hendrix.
    I spent many long hours scouring the net for Hendrix Rainbow Bridge for him, but failed. That was 8+ years ago, though. Probably everywhere now.

My God, how I do miss him.

Derick Trucks is yet another off the scale blues guitarist. If you are into this at all check out Clapton's annual Crossroads Guitar Festival held in Chicago every year, you will be amazed at the folks who show up and play together.