Thread: Jet Tablesaw JTAS -10-1 -used- Buy this one??

Jet Tablesaw JTAS -10-1 -used- Buy this one??

<p>
    Please see link at bottom before answering ...</p>
    <p>
    &nbsp;</p>
    <p>
    I did some quick archive searching, but askin to confirm anyway..</p>
    <p>
    This is RIGHT tilt, yes?</p>
    <p>
    I am used to left tilt, so is this bad?</p>
    <p>
    &nbsp;</p>
    <p>
    I do not know for sure yet if 3ph or single ph.. yet to preview..but somewhere I read these ONLY came as 230 1 ph.</p>
    <p>
    True or false?</p>
    <p>
    &nbsp;</p>
    <p>
    May be a model w riving knife, photos don&#39;t show....OR.. the older ones w this model # I read possibly NOT have knives?&nbsp;</p>
    <p>
    If no factory RK, able to add aftermarket possible on this specific model?</p>
    <p>
    &nbsp;</p>
    <p>
    Coming from a &quot;Door/window&quot; shop at old lumberyard. Was in use.</p>
    <p>
    I really won&#39;t be able to have my onsite scout Guy pull the belt to feel motor/arbor bearings...Probably ok, but have to chance that.</p>
    <p>
    Just turn the blade by hand and &quot;feel&quot; if &quot;smooth&quot; ?</p>
    <p>
    Will actuate tilt/height wheels to check that also.</p>
    <p>
    Lastly, what would you Folks consider a fair price range if this was on open market, like Clist, based on the info above and the link photos? I&#39;m guessing $7-9 ? if functioning &quot;OK&quot; ?</p>
    <p>
    I would ceiling my bid wayy less, but want to know market realistic price.</p>
    <p>
    Thank you all, need answers to all above by close of Sunday eve, 10/1.&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Marc</p>
    <p>
    http://www.hoffonlineauctions.net/cgi-bin/mnlist.cgi?hoff14/146/1</p>
    Last edited by Marc Jeske; 09-30-2017 at 11:41 PM.

Sorry, I really need to figure out this stupid wysiwog or whatever editor computer crap problem. Marc

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Jeske View Post
    Please see link at bottom before answering ..

I did some quick archive searching, but askin to confirm anyway..
    This is RIGHT tilt, yes?
    I am used to left tilt, so is this bad?
    I do not know for sure yet if 3ph or single ph.. yet to preview..but somewhere I read these ONLY came as 230 1 ph.
    True or false?
    May be a model w riving knife, photos don't show....OR.. the older ones w this model # I read possibly NOT have knives?
    If no factory RK, able to add aftermarket possible on this specific model?
    Coming from a "Door/window" shop at old lumberyard. Was in use.
    I really won't be able to have my onsite scout Guy pull the belt to feel motor/arbor bearings...Probably ok, but have to chance that.
    Just turn the blade by hand and "feel" if "smooth"
    Will actuate tilt/height wheels to check that also.
    Lastly, what would you Folks consider a fair price range if this was on open market, like Clist, based on the info above and the link photos? I'm guessing $7-9 ? if functioning "OK" ?
    I would ceiling my bid wayy less, but want to know market realistic price.
    Thank you all, need answers to all above by close of Sunday eve, 10/1.
    Marc

http://www.hoffonlineauctions.net/cg...i?hoff14/146/1
    I will say it looks like it was road hard and put away wet, Since it came out of a shop it probably was. I would replace the bearings anyway. They probably never were. It is a right tilt, This is not bad in my opinion. There are ways to get around the "unsafe" things if you do a lot of bevel ripping. The add says single phase. I don't think that model came with a riving knife. Throat plate kind of confirms that, There are several splitters available but a true riving knife is not an option. I think my top dollar would be $600 but I don't know what the market is like in your area.
    Last edited by Cary Falk; 10-01-2017 at 10:52 AM.

How I missed that "single phase" I have nooo idear.

OK Folks, need some more opinions pleezz. Thank you all, Marc

I have had a JTAS-10XL for several years and have been happy with it. Regarding the right tilt / left tilt issue, it depends, of course, on whether you are right- or left-handed. A person could get used to anything but, for myself, I use my saw enough that it would pose a frustration for me to have the blade hidden behind the fence when ripping a bevel or to have to do it cross-handed. It is, in the end, a matter of personal preference.

Agree with Cary Falk.

If I were to "flip" this, would the fact that it has NO Riving knife affect ability to use in Commercial insured OSHA type shops? Marc