Thread: Ranchers tote

Ranchers tote

image.jpg

Howdy folks,

I build a lot of stuff. This has been so darn usefull. The saw came with a case but it was only good for carrying in the truck. Hardly a day doesn't go by when I don't use my chainsaws so I decided to build this based on a carpenters tote. It carries everything. Fuel, bar oil, tools, tape measure and stump poison. The two beer bottles contain fuel and oil for extended trips. I put one in each pocket when I'm working the trails. I originally intended to clean it up and make it look nice but it went to work and is what it is.

hope you all enjoy
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks handy. I like having everything I need in one spot.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Good idea. Keep it all together.

I like it, well done!

A question to the mods. Curious why this was moved from general power tools and woodworking to projects. Is a chainsaw not a woodworking tool and this not a project?

Half of my woodworking projects start with a chainsaw.

Quote Originally Posted by mark kosse View Post
    A question to the mods. Curious why this was moved from general power tools and woodworking to projects. Is a chainsaw not a woodworking tool and this not a project?

Half of my woodworking projects start with a chainsaw.
    The post appears to be about the tote...and this is the forum where finished woodworking projects or build threads go. SMC is too 'fast moving' not not differentiate things into the various sub-forums. That also makes things easier to find in the future. I'm not the one who moved this, but I would have...

Jim
    Forum Moderator

I don't agree. It's about a way to carry all necessary parts for a tool that requires a lot to make it go.

you all have the power though. It's a shame to put something so useful to many people here where it'll never be seen.