Thread: Grizzly T10113 Overarm Blade Guard and Dust Collection

Grizzly T10113 Overarm Blade Guard and Dust Collection

Colleagues: When I had a Uni-saw with a Uni-Guard,I installed a sub fence on the Incra miter gauge with an overhang on thecut off side to act as a sweep. Since I rarely work with stock more than 1”thick, the 2 1/2" high sub-fence/sweep worked well and was not cutthrough. The Uni-Guard plastic fence sides just rode up over thesub-fence/sweep without any problem(s).

I now run a Saw Stop ICS, but I find the blade guard/dust collection systemlacking when cutting close to edge of the work. Plus, Icannot use a sub fence/sweep on the miter gauge due to the design of thecombined riving knife/anti kick back pawls/dust collection blade cover.

So my questions to T10113 users are:

-- Does anyone have a sub fence/sweep on the miter gauge and does the T10113 dustcollection cover ride up over it?

-- Can you tilt the blade to 45 degrees and not need to move the T10113 dustcollection hood so the blade does not strike it?

For those not familiar with the T1013 -- www.grizzly.com/products/Universal-Overarm-Blade-Guard-For-Table-Saws/T10113?utm_campaign=zPage&utm_source=grizzly.com
    SawStop has a similar unit, but it has not yet reached SawStop dealers

Thanks for any information you can provide. Cheers and all the best, Ray Newman

I have an old Biesemeyer overarm guard that is the same width as the grizzly (~4"). I use it with the miter fence with a backer sub fence and it works for 90 deg and 45 deg cuts without repositioning. The Grizzly design has the guard swinging back and up while the Biesemeyer is a parallelogram design that lifts straight up. I don't think that this really means much in actual use other than the Grizzly hood is 2x longer back to front so there is less uncovered table in front of the guard.

I position my guard so that it is just 1/2" away from the right face of the blade so that it can stay down for narrow rips. This means that for a left tilt saw, there is plenty of space for the blade as you tilt it.
    JR