Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I Just got a Cell Phone

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Elfert View Post

I should have a paper map in the car, but I am not even sure where to get a paper map anymore.
    Go to your state's website and find the highway/transportation department. They'll probably send you a highway map for free. Missouri does.

And yup, they're still a PITA to fold up.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Giddings View Post
    Thanks Jim - surprised at that as they aren't going to take the copper away even with no service, and some revenue would surely be better than none. The mysteries of the telco business model I guess
    The same principle applies to the current practice of bundling...it's often less expensive to get a phone/Internet/TV "triple play" than it is to get a "double play" or a single service. "Naked DSL" has always been a contentious thing and while some providers gave in for awhile and offered it, many later recanted and required the bundle. The whole industry is like that and it hurts. These same businesses also work to get laws passed so local municipalities and government/private cooperative efforts to provide broadband are not permitted while they in turn don't upgrade or offer good broadband solutions to consumers themselves. DSL doesn't even qualify as "broadband" by the current FCC 25 down/3 up minimum...but it's the only option in many areas. And some folks can't get anything outside of sat service or expensive, capped wireless services.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...