Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Saw blade Sharpen Service by Mail - recommend please ?

[QUOTE=Marc Jeske;2733189]Need a good circ blade sharpening service, mostly for common 10" for tablesaw, and 9" for odd old saws.

Somewhere I saw Steel is WAY cheaper than Carbide to sharpen. ? ?

Steel may be a lot cheaper to sharpen than carbide to sharpen--for each sharpening--but keep in mind that a steel blade is going to need sharpening many more times than the carbide for the same amount of cutting.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Demuth View Post
    I use Forrest, and have been very satisfied both with their sharpening and repair.
    And I'm sure you enjoyed OVER PAYING. Paid Forest almost as much as a WWII cost to replace three teeth that bit the dust when I hit a SKU tag staple that was hidden below surface. Sent friends 100 tooth melamine blade to Dynamic for identical repairs, and cost was only the cost of replacing teeth, in addition to normal sharpening. None of this double sharpening charges like Forest.

Dynamic does a fine job at a decent price, but what did you originally pay for your WWII that a sharpening and three teeth replacement cost almost as much as you paid for the blade? I've used Forrest for sharpening and tooth replacement, and, while it was more expensive than Dynamic, it wasn't THAT costly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wrenn View Post
    And I'm sure you enjoyed OVER PAYING. Paid Forest almost as much as a WWII cost to replace three teeth that bit the dust when I hit a SKU tag staple that was hidden below surface. Sent friends 100 tooth melamine blade to Dynamic for identical repairs, and cost was only the cost of replacing teeth, in addition to normal sharpening. None of this double sharpening charges like Forest.
    It's possible I spent more than I could have elsewhere, but it wasn't wildly out of hand. It certainly didn't hurt me.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Jeske View Post
    I looked through Dynamic's Site, and saw no mention of who and how pays return shipping.

Ship back included in sharpen price ? or what?

How does that work?

Sounds and looks like a great place, w VERY good pricing, but they only partially addressed shipping, or I'm goin blind.

Marc
    It looks to me that the unanswered questions will be answered when you call them as per their instructions about shipping:

Product Shipping Instructions

To Our Plant

Please put your saw blades between layers of cardboard that are about an inch larger (on all sides) than the blade; Tape or staple the cardboard together securely so it pinches and locks the saw blades in position. Then take the blades sealed in cardboard and place them in a large enough cardboard box so they all fit when surrounded by crumbled newspaper or other packing material. Place a note in the box with your name, phone #, and complete return shipping address. Close box & seal. Ship tools to the plant address:
    Dynamic Saw
    551 Smith Street
    Buffalo, New York 14210

Please follow up with a phone call to the plant, toll-free 888-528-0808
    , and give us your VISA or MasterCard information.

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness..." - Mark Twain