Thread: Craftsman 10" bandsaw guide bearings

Blog Entries

Question Craftsman 10" bandsaw guide bearings

I have a 10" Craftsman bandsaw, the guide bearings are worn out.
    The diameter is about .75", can anyone suggest where I might get new ones ? I need 6 of them.
    On their website Craftsman has a bearing (no other description,I guess it's for the motor)that costs $18, I can't imagine this is the right one.
    Thanks
    Dennis

Try your nearest Fastenal store. If they don't have it, they can probably order it. I'd take one of your old bearings with you, they can use the numbers on it to cross reference.

I have the 12" model. Forget Sears. You will get more of the same low quality bearings. I took one of mine to an industrial bearing supply house and they measured and matched it. Better bearings and less money.

Blog Entries
    I use VXB. Good prices on rolls of 10. You can buy sealed instead of shielded and improve the life as well. I am on the same roll from 2007 for my 17" saw.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Check if they are the size of standard skate bearings. 22mm (0.866") outer diameter, 8mm (0.315") hole size, and 7mm (0.276") width. Many bandsaws use them because they are cheap and readily available in many quality levels. You should be able to pick up 8 of them for $10-20 at a local sporting goods store or even cheaper online.

Steve

VXB. Thats where I bought mine. I have the Rikon 10". Same as the Sears. I still have the first replacement set on. They work great, inexpensive.

Find the oldest hardware store around; they may have what you need. Forget the big box blue or orange places. The old hardware store did not have what I was looking for or the size needed, so they suggested visiting a skate boarding shop.