Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rabbithole Alert !! MC meter SG selection - Confusion w SYP and SPF "Softwood"

This Pine is for interior furniture, "joinery" wise couple notches up from Ana White, couple notches below Greene & Greene.

9-10% is fine for me as far as I know.

I want to properly reply to posts.. let me start at bottom and work backwards in bites.

Mark Post 15 - Yes, a very easily and inexpensively doable solution.

I would have to size it to hold around 500 bd ft +, all 1x6x8 s4s.

Venting just by a little computer fan,(Or even just convection maybe) interior baffled circulation fan, Remote reading Thermometer, Humidistat, and MC meter can be done no bigee.

My only question remaining is.. how to best make a rack ? I do not want stickers, I want FIFO physical turnover inventory..wish there was a magic conveyor belt or rotary shelf unit like carpet rolls at big box store... if you understand.

Like at the grocery store, they stock fresh milk from the back, and push old stock to the front.

How can I do that w lumber ? ( on a budget DIY)?

BECAUSE --- I would be pulling 15 bds at a time, like once a week.

And could replace those weekly w new stock from the Yard.

W a 500 bd ft cap .. 125 boards, would give me about 2 month turnaround, probably enough time to go from around 15% to 10.. ? ? ?

Other than the rack question, no problem, and very possibly my answer so I can buy local stock I select.

Based on my readings at the yard, even just 2- 3 months of slow easy heat would bring my MC down good enough.

I'll be back to talk about previous posts. Marc
    Last edited by Marc Jeske; 10-21-2017 at 6:20 PM.