Thread: FYI: Harbor Freight Link Belt

FYI: Harbor Freight Link Belt

Damaged the "red" link belt on my contractor saw yesterday - long story. Needed the saw today and couldnt wait for Amazon to deliver a Gates Tri-power or another "red" link belt. Couldnt find a proper fitting "regular" v-belt, much less a Tri-power, at any local stores.

So I checked the archives here and found a few old threads talking about the green "Accu-link" link belts from Jason Industries. They are made (now) in the EEC but they are still sold at HF. So I drove a ways to the nearest store and bought one. $25 for 5 feet, using their 20% off coupon.

Put it on and fired her up to let that new belt get settled in. Then shut her off and put a nickel on the top. Fired her up again - that nickel wasnt even twitching, much less vibrating, all through the start/run/stop cycle!

Also found these instructions online describing the right way to mount the link belt. They were useful because I'd forgotten since I put the original link belt on. Perhaps they'll help someone else. Link.

Fred
    Last edited by Frederick Skelly; 10-15-2017 at 6:27 PM.

Blog Entries
    Good reminder. I will add that I have sections of the HF belt in the middle of the usual red belts we find at our name brand woodworking stores. The mixed sections function as one.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler