Thread: Inca Injecta Table Saw and Jointer/Planer

Inca Injecta Table Saw and Jointer/Planer

Hey all,

I grew up watching my stepdad use his Inca tools and I always remember them being high quality and extremely precise for their size. He just built a new wood/auto shop at the family cabin and is upgrading his tooling. He has asked me to sell his Inca tools for him but wow am I struggling to figure out their current value. I know these can be kind of a niche item so Craigslist does not seem like the right place to list them. I have been following Ebay for months but its mainly bandsaws. He has the 10 inch jointer/planer (Model# 343.190) and the table saw with slider and mortiser (Model# 343.018). I would appreciate any insight anyone has into value or best place to sell. Thanks!

Matt, try the Inca Yahoo site if you haven’t seen it already. That tends to be where the Inca fans hang out. Your location may mean folks will ask about shipping vs picking up.

They are great tools as you describe.

Thanks.
    Kevin

Craigslist is a common place to list the machinery, especially if you're in a larger city. Ebay and the Yahoo Inca user group will get you a bigger and targeted footprint, but usually in the end you're dealing with local pickup.

I have seen the jointer/planer listed in my area (So. Calif) in the $600-$1000 range. The j/p of this size (260mm or ~10-1/4") has been referred to as models 510, 550, 560, 570. (Note that these three digit model numbers have no association with the model numbers like 343.018, but were more commonly known by users and the retailers, Garrett Wade and Eagle Tools.) The 510 has the motored mounted underneath in the stand whereas in the other three models, the motor is mounted to the back of the machine. The 550 has 2 straight knives, the 560 has two Tersa knives, and the 570 has three Tersa knives. The 570 would command the highest price usually. There is currently a 510 in my local Craigslist that is asking $650.

The table saw (should be 341.018) is a 10" tilting table, and with the mortiser, the model number is 259. Without the mortising table, I see them for $400-$500, with the table maybe $600-$800. The sliding table is less commonly available, and if complete and in good working order, I would imagine you can get an additional $200 or so. There are currently two model 259's on Craigslist, one for $2000 (too high in my opinion) and one for $450 (seems to be missing the blade guard). Either does not have the sliding table.

If you upgrade your SMC membership with a mere $6 contribution, you can also post these items for sale in the SMC Classifieds...which can reach many thousands of woodworkers. And you'll also be supporting this great online resource.

Jim
    SMC Moderator

Oh I didn't even notice my membership had run up! I will have to renew that. Thanks for the insight gentlemen. I will do a bit more research and get these listed. Thanks again!

I had a model 510 for about 25 years. Great machine. I ran hundreds and hundreds of BF over and through it and it never complained. In my opinion, this model with a separate motor underneath was the superior design as it can be replaced easily if it goes bad and the footprint is smaller, which is the whole point of owning one of these machines. Anyway, I sold it a couple of years ago for $750 IIRC when I upgraded to a MiniMax. It was in top notch condition, sat on an mahogany Inca base, and included an extra set of knives, Inca knife setting gage, extra planetary gear belt, wrenches, and manual.

John

Thanks for the insight John. Where did you sell it?

8. Matt,
    Please let me know if you end up listing this somewhere and are able to ship.

Thanks,
    Colin

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Krusen View Post
    Thanks for the insight John. Where did you sell it?
    I sold it right here.

John