Thread: new d-way tools

new d-way tools

surfing the turners tool sites and came upon a new line of tools from dave over at d-way tools. looks like he has come up with yet another line of fantastic tooling.
    no affiliation, just a happy customer

Big tease == now I have to go look and I was just there a few days ago

Just looked, what new tools are you seeing?

He has a U gouge and negative rake scrapers in various configurations. Nice stuff!

Left click my name for homepage link.

Oh no, not again.... Actually, I am having some 1 by 5/32 thick scrapers made to use as skews and NRS's. Had some slightly wider ones done as well. I may have to have one of the U gouges too. Don't really want my own special line of tools though, or maybe I do...

robo hippy

Quote Originally Posted by Reed Gray View Post
    Oh no, not again....
    I hope you don't get to where you are endorsing sets of tools I don't have. I'd have to start over. I'll go broke.

JKJ

Quote Originally Posted by John K Jordan View Post
    I hope you don't get to where you are endorsing sets of tools I don't have. I'd have to start over. I'll go broke.

JKJ
    John, you won't go broke. Just sell off one of each tool you have. You will still have 4-10 of each left.
    When working I had more money than time. In retirement I have more time than money. Love the time, miss the money.

Quote Originally Posted by William C Rogers View Post
    John, you won't go broke. Just sell off one of each tool you have. You will still have 4-10 of each left.
    Don't you agree that six identical 3/8" spindle gouges are just barely enough? What if I misplace one??? Ack!

If you've been snooping around my shop you'll know I'm down to about 40 Thompson tools. This is stressing me out to the point that I hate to give any more away. Well, of course I'd make an exception if you needed some.

JKJ

I looked at the first of Dave's big 3/4 bowl gouges when Jimmy brought them to a meeting last month, at that point they weren't on the web-site yet.
    They are, impressive.
    Jimmy also told me about Dave's new NR scrapers when we were cutting Madrone on Monday.

Of course I got one of Dave's Bedans last spring, since I was one of the people bugging him to make them.

Dave is also in the process of changing the "wrap" on this tool handle, personally I like the feel of them a lot better then the old wrap.

Speaking of "special brand tools", Jimmy Allen (one of Dave's and my friends) has been working with Dave to produce a line of special tools for box making. Jimmy's tools are sized for making small boxes and are double ended.

Jimmy is also making a new handle for these (and the smaller of Dave's tools), only these are slightly smaller in diameter then Dave's handles.

I haven't used the tools yet, but the DW says' she loves them, and will be picking up a handle from Jimmy next week.
    Making sawdust mostly, sometimes I get something else, but that is more by accident then design.