Thread: Planer table with adjustable in/out feed tables

Planer table with adjustable in/out feed tables

I wanted to make a table for my planer which could also function as a workbench when not using the planer. So I threw together a 6ft x 2ft table with an MDF top. I bought some 4ft x 15in melamine to use as the outfeed table, and some shorter melamine to use for the infeed. I added risers to the bottom of the tables out of MDF and inserted T-nuts so that I could use 1/4-20 bolts for height adjustment. This will make it much easier to work with a jointing sled in the planer, and let long table top boards slide out safely and smoothly without me having to catch them. Hopefully reduce snipe a bit, too. I dont have the infeed table completed in these pictures.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That's a pretty nice setup!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Looks good. You might consider a coat of paste wax or even paraffin wax on the melamine to reduce friction and preserve the melamine surface.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe A Faulkner View Post
    Looks good. You might consider a coat of paste wax or even paraffin wax on the melamine to reduce friction and preserve the melamine surface.
    Yep, I have some in the garage, plan on adding that. Im considering skipping the infeed part altogether. There's a small steel infeed table on the unit, and the outfeed is far more important, so I'll try it like this for a while and see how it works.
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 10-21-2017 at 1:05 PM. Reason: Fixed apostrophe -try switcing to the standard editor

Nice project! Thanks for sharing it with us!
    Fred