Thread: Anyone know anything about these tools- cutechtool

Anyone know anything about these tools- cutechtool

Any know anything about these tools -- cutechtool.com

They show an interesting 8 inch jointer with pull out bed extensions.

Thoughts, opinions?
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

I own one of their planers and am happy enough with it to have ordered one of their 6" benchtop jointers. Coincidentally, it's out for delivery today.

I can tell you that their customer service is excellent. I'll report back on the jointer if you like.

Interesting machine. Don't see any reviews for the units with the pull out tables. Doesn't seem like a pull out extension would offer proper support to keep the board steady over the whole operation. Might be ok for shorter stock.

My feeling on the pull-out extensions on the 8" model is that they'd be about as good as a roller stand on each end, except that they probably wouldn't be as sturdy and they wouldn't be height adjustable. I haven't used them, though, so that's a guess.

My 6" jointer arrived a couple hours ago, and I'll give some first impressions.

My situation is the typical small workshop in a single car garage. No room for large, heavy tools, so I'm constantly trying to get as much precision as I can out of smaller tools. Frustrating, many times.

As I said, I have one of the Cutech planers, their top-line model with carbide cutters. It's basically a Ridgid 1300 with a different cutting head. They call it a "spiral-type" head, and I guess that's fair enough. The cutters are arranged in a spiral pattern, like a helical head, but there aren't near as many as, say, a Byrd head. And they contact the wood at the same angle as a typical planer knife, as opposed to the angled "slice" of a Byrd head. I like the planer a lot, though, and would buy it again.

So, I needed a jointer and it needed to be a benchtop model that I could store on the shelf under my workbench. The Cutech 6" fits that requirement, and it uses the same kind of arrangement for the cutting head as my planer. Smaller, of course.

It was easy to assemble, and everything was adjusted well from the factory. Ran some scrap pieces through it this afternoon, and the jointed surfaces look just fine, pretty much the same as I get from their planer.

I wish the fence and table were cast iron, but I'm pretty much used to that feeling. It's a small, lightweight jointer and as such, it seems to work as advertised. I can post some pics of stuff I've run through it if anybody's interested.

That 8” looks really interesting. Curious as well about it.

Never heard of them before, but they seem to look exactly like my Rikon jointer sans the table extensions.

Don't know about he 8" model, but yes, the 6" model is the same machine as the 6" Rikon, just different colors. The Rikon sells for more, but includes a longer warranty.