Thread: SCM MM 410e video...featuring a 'Creeker...

SCM MM 410e video...featuring a 'Creeker...

I caught an interesting and entertaining video on Facebook this morning posted by SCM...and it's narrated by and stars Sam Blasco, a long time SMC member. It's a general combo machine demonstration with a simple project. If your bandwidth allows, here's the video. For those of you who don't know Sam, he's not only a craftsman and rep for SCM, but he's also an active actor in theater, so his commentary humor isn't unexpected.

--

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

That is one hell of a machine, and the more I look into these machines, the more I wish I had gone this route. While I like my jointer/planer, I really wish I had gone with a full combo machine to save additional space. Since I already had a Sawstop when I was shopping around, I kind of ruled these things out without giving it much thought.

BTW, Sam is awesome. He sold me my MM16 and answered every question I through at him. Some of the MM competitors ignored many of my questions.

Yes, Sam is a genuine great guy. I had the pleasure of visiting his shop in TX a number of years ago and he's an amazing craftsman, for sure. He's been here, too. In fact, a potential customer of his is visiting with me this weekend to get "touchy feely" with actual MM equipment.

My current shop wouldn't lend itself to a full combo because of the location of a stairwell, but I've done well with the separate slider and the J/P. I'm only sorry I didn't get a saw/shaper combo because there are "those times" when a shaper would be a much better solution than my "poor man's shaper" in the form of a very nice router table I attached to the slider.
    --

I did like the comment:

"As practice doesn't necessarily make perfect, but it does cut down on the amount of swearing needed to complete the task"

Ahh, if only I was younger & richer.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post
    Ahh, if only I was younger & richer.
    ...... and in that order too!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Not his first video for SCM. I think there are others as well.

Good video, thanks for posting, Jim. I can relate to Sam's comments about Italian food - just came back from a 3 week visit and now on a diet :-)

For the past two and a half years, I've been making monthly business trips to Italy. It never occurred to me until this thread to see how far I was from the nearest SCM Group facility. It looks like I've been working about 20 kilometers from the Thiene facility, so on my next trip I'm going to take some time and see if I can peek behind the curtain.

Enjoyed it. Maybe someday I get one of these machines....

music sounds like the Dixie Dregs

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Kelly View Post
    [video=youtube;NFHQB-ZLS84]

Not his first video for SCM. I think there are others as well.
    Yes, Sam is no stranger to video work...
    --

the bandsaw ones music comes in after 9 minutes little snip reminds me of them might be

BTW, Sam is awesome. He sold me my MM16 and answered every question I through at him. Some of the MM competitors ignored many of my questions.
    Same here (only an S500P).

That CU410e looks like a great machine. It would free up a bunch of space in my shop. All I need now is a spare $31K....