Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What happens if a pneumatic drill is under powered?

You might lower the pressure with a regulator since full rpm may not be a desired thing. Lower pressure would reduce air usage and make the air supply easier to maintain. While for prolonged use a larger compressor might be desirable I don't think it's a necessity. If you were doing this often obviously something to consider but I think for infrequent use you will be fine. I use air tools frequently and some are high volume. Even with a 37 cfm compressor it cycles often. Good luck.

I usually rent a carpet shampooer. Much easier on the knees.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome Stanek View Post
    Would that high speed melt the fibers togther
    Would need to have a lower rpm for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Gene Takae View Post
    There is a rechargeable powered scrubber called Turbo Scrub made specifically for your purpose.
    Thanks for the tip.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Blue View Post
    You might lower the pressure with a regulator since full rpm may not be a desired thing. Lower pressure would reduce air usage and make the air supply easier to maintain. While for prolonged use a larger compressor might be desirable I don't think it's a necessity. If you were doing this often obviously something to consider but I think for infrequent use you will be fine. I use air tools frequently and some are high volume. Even with a 37 cfm compressor it cycles often. Good luck.
    While in Vegas I'll probably buy the Harbor Freight pneumatic grinder for $13.99 to use as an angle grinder since it's so cheap and is rated at 3 cfm (close to my compressor's 2.6 cfm). I occasionally have use for a right angle grinder and I can gain some experience with pneumatic tools with it.

Thanks,
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by marty fretheim View Post
    I usually rent a carpet shampooer. Much easier on the knees.
    I used to rent the rug doctor carpet cleaner to clean our carpets but there were some things that were inconvenient:

.... I cleaned all of our carpets in one day to save rug doctor rental costs. (hard work)

.... This required moving our dining room glass table (heavy) and chairs into our patio room ahead of time to have clear runs for the rug doctor. Also had to move our heavy living room coffee table and miscellaneous items into other rooms ahead of time. Then moving everything back from room to room after the carpet dried. --- Cleaning the carpet using my own equipment allows cleaning half at a time so furniture can be moved to one side of the room, carpet cleaned and dried, then furniture moved back into position easily on the cleaned/dry carpet. Plus cleaning can happen over several days at my own pace (lots of breaks ).

.... Cleaning all of the carpets in one day meant all of the carpets were damp which required laying a lot of bath towels for paths to walk on.

Thanks for your input,
    Mike